Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Sopranos Season 4 Review and Discussion Thread Shows 1-12

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
909 replies to this topic

#901 of 910 OFFLINE   Michael Caicedo

Michael Caicedo

Second Unit

• 437 posts

Posted December 05 2002 - 12:50 AM

There's a couple of articles in USA today about the Sopranos. Today's article is about ratings and such, but another one that was posted yesterday is more interesting:

Quote:
"It's not the old shoot'em-up days of the 1920s. There's not a lot of killing," he says. "We've probably killed more people in New Jersey than Mob murders that ever really happened."
And violence won't be used as a neat way to wrap up story lines. "If people are waiting for Melfi's rapist to get it in the shorts, they should stop watching," Chase says, referring to the rape of Tony Soprano's therapist (Lorraine Bracco). "The whole purpose of that episode is that Jennifer Melfi, a doctor, remembered her Hippocratic oath, which is, first, do no harm."

http://www.usatoday.....nos-side_x.htm
Mike, FL

#902 of 910 OFFLINE   Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,287 posts

Posted December 05 2002 - 02:06 AM

Well Chase obviously understands the nature of the show alot of viewers don't get it. That it's not a TV version of Goodfellas. It was never intended to be.
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#903 of 910 OFFLINE   Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter

• 1,825 posts

Posted December 05 2002 - 06:58 AM

Can someone refresh my memory on the whole "meeting over" scene? I can't think of it now!
My DVD, Blu-Ray and HD DVD Collection @ DVDSpot

#904 of 910 OFFLINE   Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick

Screenwriter

• 2,358 posts

Posted December 05 2002 - 12:21 PM

Meadow was talking to AJ in his bedroom and he cut the cheese.
Wayne Bundrick

"It tastes like there's a party in my mouth and everybody's throwing up!" -- Philip J. Fry

#905 of 910 OFFLINE   Daniel Swartz

Daniel Swartz

Second Unit

• 450 posts

Posted December 05 2002 - 04:24 PM

Thanks Joey. The song is "New Slang" by The Shins. It's also on the Scrubs soundtrack which is also very good!

#906 of 910 OFFLINE   Rich Malloy

Rich Malloy

Producer

• 3,999 posts

Posted December 06 2002 - 04:13 AM

Quote:
Can someone refresh my memory on the whole "meeting over" scene? I can't think of it now!
An hilarious scene that gets the chuckling going when we see AJ now reading "A Death in Venice", and then brings down the house when he lets that big wet fart and declares "Meeting's over!" Posted Image
"Only one is a wanderer;
Two together are always going somewhere."

#907 of 910 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,895 posts

Posted December 07 2002 - 12:17 PM

I just wanted to plug "Analyze That" if you're into mob comedies. It's funny enough (not super funny) to get a lot of the jokes in the film (if you are a fan of The Sopranos).
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#908 of 910 OFFLINE   Ken H

Ken H

Extra

• 23 posts

Posted December 08 2002 - 12:56 PM

And before I forget, Brian will get in trouble or have some sort of a big problem. Carmella will find out and Tony (of course) will be at fault, maybe they get separated, or something. Maybe Brian gets wacked, too.
"Better living thru modern, expensive electronic devices"
tm

#909 of 910 OFFLINE   Doug R

Doug R

Supporting Actor

• 787 posts

Posted December 08 2002 - 03:48 PM

Anyone know the music playing over the end credits of Eloise? I know everyone loves these questions Posted Image

#910 of 910 OFFLINE   doug zdanivsky

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor

• 817 posts
  • LocationMackenzie, BC, Canada

Posted December 12 2002 - 11:12 AM

I always thought something would come of the Russian Paulie and Christopher failed to whack in Pine Barrens..

Is he still alive? Who else could have stolen the car?

Phew! What a season finale though! I doubt I was the only one who took their wife out to dinner after that one! Posted Image

Too bad Carm let the cat out of the bag about Furio. I was hoping he'd be back next season..

Forum Nav Content I Follow