Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Shampoo and more Bogart Films: 1/21/03

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted October 28 2002 - 07:12 PM

http://www.dvdfile.c....002/10_29.html

Just in from Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment are another batch of new and catalog releases, all due January 21st. Making their DVD debuts are the recent limited release theatrical features World Traveler and Mad Love (not the 1997 Drew Barrymore pic), plus three new library gems, including Sirocco, The Harder They Fall and the Warren Beatty classic Shampoo. Stay tuned for more details...

lets hope there are some special features on the disc
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   Craig_T

Craig_T

Second Unit

• 260 posts

Posted October 28 2002 - 08:38 PM

Given Columbia's pathetic catalog treatment lately, I'll be happy if Shampoo is just anamorphic widescreen, and not some pan & scam disaster.

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 25,046 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted October 28 2002 - 08:52 PM

This great news because it means two more Bogart films are being released which are Sirocco and The Harder They Fall which was Bogart's last film with Rod Steiger. Also, "Mad Love" is a classic thriller that starred the great Peter Lorre and Colin Clive. I can now retire my taped copies of all three films.

Oscar,
I've edited the thread title for clarity of which titles are being released.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   Mark Edward Heuck

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter

• 1,156 posts

Posted October 28 2002 - 08:59 PM

Sorry to disappoint you all, but it is not the Peter Lorre/Colin Clive MAD LOVE that Columbia is releasing on DVD. It is a new Spanish film from Vicente Aranda, who directed LOVERS and THE BLOOD-SPATTERED BRIDE.
The classic MAD LOVE is an MGM picture owned by Warner Bros.
"As I looked back over my life, I realized that I enjoyed nothing--not art, not sex--more than going to the movies." -- Gore Vidal

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted October 28 2002 - 09:06 PM

Crawdaddy

Not a problem at all. I had no idea they were Bogart movies in the first place. It certainly seems that your requests for more Bogart has certainly been answered.

cheers
Posted Image
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 25,046 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted October 28 2002 - 09:08 PM

Mark,
I've forgot it was a MGM release and done some checking on this latest Mad Love film. It must have been an art movie house release because it only made about $250,000 in gross here in the States.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   Jay E

Jay E

Screenwriter

• 2,485 posts

Posted October 29 2002 - 12:27 AM

Happy to see Shampoo and The Harder They Fall coming to DVD. Still hoping that In a Lonely Place will come along soon from Columbia.

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   SteveGon

SteveGon

Executive Producer

• 12,267 posts

Posted October 29 2002 - 01:29 AM

The Bogey titles are mine! Posted Image

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov

Screenwriter

• 2,899 posts

Posted October 29 2002 - 03:45 AM

Quote:
Given Columbia's pathetic catalog treatment lately, I'll be happy if Shampoo is just anamorphic widescreen, and not some pan & scam disaster.

My thoughts exactly... Shampoo is one of my all time favorites. A commentary track or other supplements would be great too. Please do this one right!

Ted
Hold on tightly, let go lightly.

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   Henry V

Henry V

Stunt Coordinator

• 105 posts

Posted October 29 2002 - 03:55 AM

Glad to see the Bogie films coming out,but my heart skipped a beat for a moment at the thought of the classic 1935 "Mad Love" coming out on DVD until I too realized it was an old MGM title still under the thumb of WB...Posted Image

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport

Screenwriter

• 2,980 posts

Posted October 29 2002 - 04:02 AM

I'm happy that Shampoo is finally coming out. Now if someone would please release Alex in Wonderland I think I'd have all the Hal Ashby I want (Coming Home by MGM was great).

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   Jay E

Jay E

Screenwriter

• 2,485 posts

Posted October 29 2002 - 05:31 AM

Quote:
Now if someone would please release Alex in Wonderland I think I'd have all the Hal Ashby I want

Paul Mazursky directed Alex in Wonderland, which even though I consider it a failure, it was an interesting failure that I would see again. I would also love to see the Mazursky film's Next Stop Greenwich Village and An Unmarried Woman.

The Hal Asby film that I would love to see come out on DVD is The Landlord.

Sorry for diverting the thread.

Forum Nav Content I Follow