Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Electra Glide in Blue

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   Jon Smith

Jon Smith

Stunt Coordinator

• 147 posts

Posted August 30 2002 - 10:50 AM

Are there any plans to release this on DVD ?

i saw it on TV a month back, i hadnt heard of it before but read in the TV guide it was 'cult' movie so i automatically assumed it was on DVD and i didnt record it
Posted Image

i was absolutely blown away by it, was a fantastic film, especially loved the ending with its freeze frame.

but i discovered to my horror it is not available on DVD on any region Posted Image Nooooooooo

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   SteveGon

SteveGon

Executive Producer

• 12,267 posts

Posted August 30 2002 - 03:08 PM

I'd like to see this too! However, a DVD release might be a touchy issue now considering Robert Blake's current problems.

Edit: The ending is quite the shocker. Electra Glide in Blue would make an interesting double-bill with Easy Rider!

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill

Screenwriter

• 2,233 posts

Posted August 30 2002 - 04:19 PM

Don't know about a DVD release--though I'd think Blake's presence would make it more marketable (BARETTA episodes are coming to DVD)--but Showtime shows is fairly regularly, and almost always LTXed. Keep that tape handy. I find the scenes between Blake and Elisha Cook Jr. quite touching.

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   Brad Vautrinot

Brad Vautrinot

Stunt Coordinator

• 202 posts

Posted August 31 2002 - 12:51 AM

I have been wondering for quite awhile why this hasn't made it to DVD. This is one of my prized laserdiscs that, fortunately, was released in its OAR and stereo sound. It was originally an MGM title but I don't know if they still hold the rights.
From the rocking of the cradle to the rolling of the hearse, the going up was worth the coming down.

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   Jon Smith

Jon Smith

Stunt Coordinator

• 147 posts

Posted August 31 2002 - 05:09 AM

what problems has Blake got ?

#6 of 11 OFFLINE   Greg Z

Greg Z

Stunt Coordinator

• 110 posts

Posted August 31 2002 - 05:27 AM

He has been arrested for the murder of his wife.

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   Ian Such

Ian Such

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted August 31 2002 - 07:50 AM

Quote:
Showtime shows is fairly regularly, and almost always LTXed. Keep that tape handy.
From what Jon said,I would imagine that he is from the UK (Electra Glide was shown on BBC2 a few weeks ago - I missed it as well Posted Image), and I guess that Showtime is a US-based channel.

#8 of 11 OFFLINE   Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill

Screenwriter

• 2,233 posts

Posted August 31 2002 - 08:00 AM

Ah, I missed that part. Your best bet, then, is to use those frequent flyer miles and drop my apartment the next time it's on.Posted Image

#9 of 11 OFFLINE   Geoff_D

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor

• 895 posts

Posted August 31 2002 - 09:08 AM

It'd be a treat to see this movie OAR. The recent showing in Blighty was in fact on ITV, so it was shown in pan and scan with a load of adverts in the middle of the night. Not the three most conducive elements to good home cinema, but I enjoyed the movie all the same. Time to start searching eBay for that LD version, methinks!

#10 of 11 OFFLINE   Jon Smith

Jon Smith

Stunt Coordinator

• 147 posts

Posted August 31 2002 - 10:43 AM

Quote:
He has been arrested for the murder of his wife.

Posted Image

yeah im from the UK. Would love to see it in its OAR.

sadly i dont have a LD player, LDs were before my time Posted Image

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill

Screenwriter

• 2,233 posts

Posted August 31 2002 - 03:53 PM

The first time I saw ELECTRA GLIDE...was on PAL videocassette, around 1990. Not OAR, and not the optiumum way to see this film, but there may still be some about.

Forum Nav Content I Follow