Electra Glide in Blue

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jon Smith, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Jon Smith

Jon Smith Stunt Coordinator

Are there any plans to release this on DVD ?
    i saw it on TV a month back, i hadnt heard of it before but read in the TV guide it was 'cult' movie so i automatically assumed it was on DVD and i didnt record it
    [​IMG]
    i was absolutely blown away by it, was a fantastic film, especially loved the ending with its freeze frame.
    but i discovered to my horror it is not available on DVD on any region [​IMG] Nooooooooo

2. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

I'd like to see this too! However, a DVD release might be a touchy issue now considering Robert Blake's current problems.

Edit: The ending is quite the shocker. Electra Glide in Blue would make an interesting double-bill with Easy Rider!

3. Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill Cinematographer

Don't know about a DVD release--though I'd think Blake's presence would make it more marketable (BARETTA episodes are coming to DVD)--but Showtime shows is fairly regularly, and almost always LTXed. Keep that tape handy. I find the scenes between Blake and Elisha Cook Jr. quite touching.

4. Brad Vautrinot

Brad Vautrinot Stunt Coordinator

I have been wondering for quite awhile why this hasn't made it to DVD. This is one of my prized laserdiscs that, fortunately, was released in its OAR and stereo sound. It was originally an MGM title but I don't know if they still hold the rights.

5. Jon Smith

what problems has Blake got ?

6. Greg Z

Greg Z Stunt Coordinator

He has been arrested for the murder of his wife.

7. Ian Such

Ian Such Stunt Coordinator

8. Bob Cashill

Ah, I missed that part. Your best bet, then, is to use those frequent flyer miles and drop my apartment the next time it's on.[​IMG]

9. Geoff_D

Geoff_D Supporting Actor

It'd be a treat to see this movie OAR. The recent showing in Blighty was in fact on ITV, so it was shown in pan and scan with a load of adverts in the middle of the night. Not the three most conducive elements to good home cinema, but I enjoyed the movie all the same. Time to start searching eBay for that LD version, methinks!

10. Jon Smith

11. Bob Cashill

The first time I saw ELECTRA GLIDE...was on PAL videocassette, around 1990. Not OAR, and not the optiumum way to see this film, but there may still be some about.