What's new

Infinity vs. Bose (1 Viewer)

Jon_p_s

Stunt Coordinator
I was wondering what you guys think sounds better. I was interested in purchasing the infinity entra 2 tower speakers but wanted to know if the bose dual cubes were better.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jon_p_s

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I know everyone around here thinks bose sucks but I just recently got the dual cubes as a present. I was thinking of selling them and going for the infinity but really don't know how much better the infinity speakers are.

Ryan Cruz

Stunt Coordinator
I had AM-5's before. For the kind of money I spent on it, I can say it's probably one of my worst purchases of any kind of product in any category.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
How much better is a Mercedes than a Geo.

sell the cubes on Ebay, if the box is not open you're really good to go.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I would take Infinity's worst speakers over Bose's cubes any day. It's not really a tough decision, go LISTEN to the Infinitys at Circuit City or someplace similar.

JoeyT

Stunt Coordinator
It does not matter what we think. You should listen for yourself and A/B several models if you can.

The good news is that if you decide to sell them that they will move quickly without much of a loss.

Good Luck!

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
I owned AM10's for a year and half. I have since gotten smarter and bought a set of Paradigm Monitor series.
What the Bose do well:
1. They produce big sound from a small speaker. Being they rely on reflected sound, the room is filled with sound, albeit inaccurate and undirectional.
2. They seem to have good bass because the Acoustimass module emphsises the upper bass region (100-250hz). It can fool a lot of people into believing that it has good bass, when it really has no true bass at all.
3. They have a high wife-acceptance factor and can be placed almost anywhere and get the same affect. (reflected sound thing again.
What they do bad:
1. The sound quality from the cheap paper cones is sub-par.
2. They totally miss so much of the frequency range. Check this link to see how bad they did in the lab.
3. They are way overpriced.
Check this link for a good FAQ about the Bose.
After personally owning them I try to give them credit where credit is due, too bad it is in all the wrong places.
Get the Infinity! End of story.

Adil M

Supporting Actor
The Infinity Entra Series are superior in sound to the Bose Cubes or any of the Bose Speakers "in my opinion." I work at CC and am a HT enthusiast. Go to CC and listen for yourself. They should easily be able to switch back and forth in the same room w/ the same material. The best and most overused advice I can give is "listen for yourself."

Warning: These are my personal experiences.
I believe the Infinities are the best CC has to offer. The Polk is of equal quality, but a different sound altogether. It is more forward and the midrange is more pronounced which sounds odd to me w/ male vocals. The cabinet seems braced better and built more solid. It extends lower in bass. The individual sounds are not as distinct. The Infinities sound more distant (seem a tad less efficient), but they have a more emphasized high-end and the sounds are more distinct. Male vocals sound better. When comparing both of these Speakers I used an Onkyo Stereo Receiver and an HK 320. Another note is that once you move up past the quality of an HK receiver, you probably are in flagship/separates country.

Oh, and in conclusion, sell the BOSE. They have a weak, muddy sound which is very focused sounding (diffuse indirect/direct my arse). Their only redeeming quality is their size to sound ratio.

Cam S

Screenwriter
This almost sounds like a joke, infinity Vs. Bose?

That's like Lennox Lewis Vs. Gilligan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks