What's new

Found something interesting!!! (1 Viewer)

MattyC

Grip
This past Friday I went over to my aunts and was helping her clean some stuff out of the attic when I came across my uncle's old receiver. It's a Pioneer Stereo receiver model SX-1000TW 255 Watts with 285 VA (max). I remember he used to have this thing hooked up to a reel to reel back in the 70's.
It will however need to go into the shop, when I plugged it in it blew a fuse in the back. What do you guys think of this receiver?. Is it worth getting repaired?.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Matty

Just an off the cuff opinion. Not worth spending more than a few dollars to get it working. Since that is not likely, I would let it go. You hadn't used it in many years, it doesn't sound like you have a need for it. If it was a DPL receiver, you might be able to use it to set up 6.1.

The last stereo receivers I saw advertised were about $100, new. They don't have the guts of the older equipment, but I'm not sure you would hear any difference unless you have some low efficiency speakers where you would turn the bass way up.

I understand the nostalgic feelings I think you are having, but I would be reluctant to spend the money to get it fixed.

Artie

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks