What's new

Grease, Saturday Night Fever, Footloose, & more Announced!! (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
:emoji_thumbsup: :D

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I hope for completists sake, the "PG" version of Saturday Night Fever is included via seamless branching on the DVD. It was shown in theaters this way (I saw a very nice print of it 2 years ago), and for that reason it should be included on the DVD.

Neil

Stephen L

Second Unit
Good goobilly goo what a shocker.My wife is doing backflips after hearing this.We'll be getting 6 out of the 7 , sorry Stayin' Alive. I hope Grease gets the Gump treatment from Paramount.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Well, both were shown in theaters. The R-Rated version played for a nice long run, before having the backseat blowjob
scene removed, along with Link Removed, and getting a PG Rating in order to go through theaters again and get another chance to rake in the bucks, this time appealing to a younger audience. A similar thing happenned in Belgium, but going ever further with the cuts.
In theory, both USA theater versions should be on that disc. But the R version should be the primary! *IT* is the Original Theatrical Presentation.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Grease and Saturday Night Fever will both be mine. Now if Grease 2 was released along with Grease, I'd buy that too. :)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I'm not interested in it, but I am surprised Grease 2 isn't in there.

Third and 4th quarters are going to be more expensive than ever this year.

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
Looking forward to FOOTLOOSE but I also find it odd that GREASE 2 wasn't included in the bunch. Of course I liked it alot more than the original for 2 reasons, one because I'm a big Michelle fan (just look at my sig file), and two, beacuse I used to work at a video store and they played that frickin' movie to death!:angry: Especially since I didn't even care for it much to begin with. I can't watch THE PRINCESS BRIDE for the same reason. Damn them!!:frowning:

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Well, I am definitely going to buy Saturday Night Fever and Grease. And I must say it is about f'in time.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I'm ecstatic. I'm shocked though, I really didn't think Grease was completely cleared yet. What a nice surprise.

I do wish they'd announce Grease 2 as well. I really would like to have both.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if the Coca Cola signs will be put back in Grease or whether they will still be optically (and very poorly) obliterated? It's a fun movie all right. But it has some of the worst lip-syncing in film musical history. Check out "Beauty School Dropout" as an example.

Jude Faelnar

Stunt Coordinator
Grease, Saturday Night Fever and, especially, Flashdance sound great. Now, if they'll only release:

1] Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Band (1978)
and 2] Fame (1980)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Fame belongs to Warner...no word yet (they seem to be aware of the interest, though). As to the other one, who knows?

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I got chills, they're multiply'n!!

Grease, Saturday Night Fever, and Urban Cowboy for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks