What's new

Grease, Saturday Night Fever, Footloose, & more Announced!! (1 Viewer)

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
And I'm loooosin' control!
Sign me up for Grease, Saturday Night Fever, Urban Cowboy & Flashdance!
Ted

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
You know what?
I hope not for a single second anyone
chastises Paramount for not releasing
Grease 2 at this time.
Cause I'll tell you what....
Hands down, Since THE GODFATHER, this is the
greatest set of releases from Paramount since
their foray into DVD.
Paramount is going to be the studio that sets
the standard for Quarter 4.
No other studio is releasing such an impressive
handful of high-demand catalog titles.
Please cut the studio a break on Grease 2.
Something tells me you'll see it in another year.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
As if the 4th quarter wasnt going to be expensive enough already, now I've got to come up for funds to pay for Grease, Saturday Night Fever and Urban Cowboy !

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Anyone have any thoughts as to what the covers of these are going to look like? Grease has such a famous poster and 'look,' I would hate to see it fall in the line of the Corel Art they have been doing of late.

Very happy to see these releases happen. Would be nice if there was a commentary on the Grease disc...

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Peter:

That one I have seen. It is okay. I am just concerned about those posters, such as Grease, Flashdance and SNF that are simple icons as themselves. Those posters, maybe more Grease and SNF, than Flashdance, that are symbols of an era almost. Those I hope don't get altered.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Please cut the studio a break on Grease 2.
Something tells me you'll see it in another year.
Ron, your "somethings" mean a lot more to me than anyone else's. My only concern about not seeing it on this list was kind of a "now or never" thing. In other words, if it didn't get out with Great 1, then Paramont wouldn't really be motivated to get it out later...at all.
If YOU feel sure that it will come out "in another year", then that's good enough for me! :D
I'll wait.

Gavin_L

Second Unit
wow, great to see that paramount is releasing all these great movies. Been waiting for some of these dvds since i first started collecting dvds. Thanks paramount :emoji_thumbsup: :)
Paramount is going to be the studio that sets
the standard for Quarter 4.
sure sounds like it, espicially with something that digitalbits.com posted, that trading places, major league and sunset Sunset Boulevard might be on its way this year too.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I'd certainly be happy that Paramount release Grease 2 at any time, I'm surprised they'd release it seperately as I assume they'd get more impulse buys from it sitting next to it's counterpart on the release date (and from Best Buy type sales).

My buy is assured on that title (along with virtually every title in the announcement) regardless of when it comes out, I just find the planning/marketing interesting.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I was just thinking that there's gotta be a clearance issue holding that one up. Tho' I don't know what would slow down the release of a score that includes "Cool Rider" and "Score Tonight" :laugh:

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Grease!!!!! It is about time! Here is hoping that Paramount gives it the royal treatment that it richly deserves. I may buy 2 copies!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Actually David, I heard that the issues were brought on by the song "Reproduction." Apparently Michael Jackson believes that he has the rights since it was in a pile along with the Beatles stuff. Who knows?

:b

T r o y

Supporting Actor
I'm so looking forward to these titles from Paramount !! I never thought I'd see the day .... But here they come! FINALLY!!!!! :D
Chalk me up for Saturday Night Fever, Grease,Footloose, and Urban Cowboy !!! :star: :star: :star: :star: I can't wait to hear these soundtracks in awesome 5.1 Digital sound !! Should be unbelievable !
These are the words !!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I
can't
get
the
Grease
theme
song
out
of
my
head
In a moment I'm gonna stand up and start dancing right here at work. :D

rockinricky

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard Edwards
I saw the news this morning on DVDfile, and I've had 'Hopelessly Devoted To You' on repeat in my head all day! I can hardly wait to fall in love with Olivia Newton-John all over again!:D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I saw the news this morning on DVDfile, and I've had 'Hopelessly Devoted To You' on repeat in my head all day!
Yeah, well someone somewhere mentioned the lip-syncing in "Beauty School Dropout", and I've had *that* song running through my head all day! :rolleyes::laugh:

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
.....IT'S ELECTRIFYIN' !!!!!"
YA BETTER SHAPE UP!.......
I hope our speakers survive these great rockin' classics!! (Get the subwoofer warmed up for September and October!) :)

Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread