What's new

Yamaha 2200/3200 (1 Viewer)

Bob J.

Grip
OK, I've tried, but no one in Dallas will sell these units for less than full list price. So who's had an online purchase of these units that could recommend an online dealer?

JonBouche

Agent
I just bought a 2200 through Ebay. New unit in the box and paid just under $800 with shipping. Since most online dealers that offer below retail prices are not authorized Yamaha dealers, you take your chances either way.

Mike Veroukis

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael
Isn't there an HTR equivalent to the RX-V2200? There should be as these are parallel lines. The units from the two lines are identicle except for the model number and a few cosmetic changes on the front panel. The RX-V line is for in store dealers while the HTR is meant for bargain shops/on-line dealers. The internals and price are identicle so you might want to investigate if the RX-V2200 has an HTR equivalent and get that unit. Good luck.

- Mike

David John

Stunt Coordinator
I don't believe the HTR series has pre-outs.

So there is more than a cosmetic difference.

I got my RX-V1200 from Onecall....i think.

I'll check if I can find the receipt.

$650 shipped.

New in unopened box, all paperwork, etc.

Mike Veroukis

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael
I don't believe the HTR series has pre-outs.
The trick with the HTR line is knowing which RX-V unite matches up with it. Yamaha makes a lot of different units so it can get tricky. However, if you check on their web site you will find that they quite clearly state that the HTR and RX-V lines are identicle except for the unit number and front panel cosmetics. All internals, back panels, remote and price are identicle.

It's possible that the HTR line does not include all the units in the RX-V line. So it's possible that no HTR model has pre-outs but I would investigate that first.

- Mike

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
The only difference is the color or the labels on the front pannel. HTR is Gold and the RXV is white. But the HTR line only makes equivalent up to the RX-V1200. There is no equivalent to the RXV2200 and above.

High end places cary the RXV series while Sears, best buy, etc. cary the HTR series.

MatthewJ S

Supporting Actor
1200 has 12v trigger and detatchable power cord and other(?) differances than it's supposed equivalent, check carefully!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks