Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Yamaha 2200/3200

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Bob J.

Bob J.

Extra

• 22 posts

Posted April 17 2002 - 05:09 AM

OK, I've tried, but no one in Dallas will sell these units for less than full list price. So who's had an online purchase of these units that could recommend an online dealer?

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   JonBouche

JonBouche

Agent

• 38 posts

Posted April 17 2002 - 10:08 AM

I just bought a 2200 through Ebay. New unit in the box and paid just under $800 with shipping. Since most online dealers that offer below retail prices are not authorized Yamaha dealers, you take your chances either way.

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Mike Veroukis

Mike Veroukis

Second Unit

• 455 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted April 17 2002 - 12:51 PM

Isn't there an HTR equivalent to the RX-V2200? There should be as these are parallel lines. The units from the two lines are identicle except for the model number and a few cosmetic changes on the front panel. The RX-V line is for in store dealers while the HTR is meant for bargain shops/on-line dealers. The internals and price are identicle so you might want to investigate if the RX-V2200 has an HTR equivalent and get that unit. Good luck. - Mike

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   David John

David John

Stunt Coordinator

• 54 posts

Posted April 17 2002 - 01:13 PM

I don't believe the HTR series has pre-outs. So there is more than a cosmetic difference. I got my RX-V1200 from Onecall....i think. I'll check if I can find the receipt. $650 shipped. New in unopened box, all paperwork, etc.

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Mike Veroukis

Mike Veroukis

Second Unit

• 455 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted April 17 2002 - 02:05 PM

[quote]

I don't believe the HTR series has pre-outs.

[quote] The trick with the HTR line is knowing which RX-V unite matches up with it. Yamaha makes a lot of different units so it can get tricky. However, if you check on their web site you will find that they quite clearly state that the HTR and RX-V lines are identicle except for the unit number and front panel cosmetics. All internals, back panels, remote and price are identicle.

It's possible that the HTR line does not include all the units in the RX-V line. So it's possible that no HTR model has pre-outs but I would investigate that first.

- Mike

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   jeff lam

jeff lam

Screenwriter

• 1,806 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted April 17 2002 - 02:17 PM

The only difference is the color or the labels on the front pannel. HTR is Gold and the RXV is white. But the HTR line only makes equivalent up to the RX-V1200. There is no equivalent to the RXV2200 and above. High end places cary the RXV series while Sears, best buy, etc. cary the HTR series.

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   MatthewJ S

MatthewJ S

Supporting Actor

• 585 posts

Posted April 17 2002 - 03:45 PM

1200 has 12v trigger and detatchable power cord and other(?) differances than it's supposed equivalent, check carefully!
that receiver sounds great demo'd through my computer speakers!

I bought the best ones, my buddy would never steer me wrong .He's not trying to make a commission off me and Cambridge Sound's factory direct pricing means that I got a great deal!

It must be a good deal all the people on the net...

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   MatthewJ S

MatthewJ S

Supporting Actor

• 585 posts

Posted April 17 2002 - 03:51 PM

Also , a legit B&M should be able to sell the 1200 @ $729 and the 2200 @ $900
that receiver sounds great demo'd through my computer speakers!

I bought the best ones, my buddy would never steer me wrong .He's not trying to make a commission off me and Cambridge Sound's factory direct pricing means that I got a great deal!

It must be a good deal all the people on the net...

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Art Morales

Art Morales

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted April 17 2002 - 06:35 PM

Try www.unclestereo.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users