Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

The Laser's Edge...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter

• 1,224 posts

Posted February 26 2002 - 03:54 PM

How is it compared to Deep Discount DVD and DVD Empire? How are each of them as far as shipping (e.g. do they ship DVDs early)? I'm considering jumping into the online ordering thing (looks like I may save a bundle even over Ken Cranes) and if I can get DVDs earlier I may just do it. Posted Image

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   george kaplan

george kaplan

Executive Producer

• 13,064 posts

Posted February 26 2002 - 11:06 PM

I can't compare them to Deep Discount or DVD Empire which I've never used, but I have had very positive experiences with Laser's Edge. I've never had any problem with them. Their prices are good, and they have a flat shipping rate for each order (unlike DVD Planet which charges not just by title, but by disc, e.g., for the Godfather collection, you pay shipping as if it were 5 different titles Posted Image). The only drawback to Laser's Edge is that you can't tell from their website what's in stock. Since I am always ordering 4 or so dvds at a time (to take advantage of the flat shipping rate), I always place my order by phone so I can be sure they have them in stock.
"Movies should be like amusement parks. People should go to them to have fun." - Billy Wilder

"Subtitles good. Hollywood bad." - Tarzan, Sight & Sound 2012 voter.

"My films are not slices of life, they are pieces of cake." - Alfred Hitchcock"My great humility is just one of the many reasons that I...

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter

• 1,224 posts

Posted February 28 2002 - 10:23 AM

Doesn't anyone else have any experiences with the above? Posted Image

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Michael Banks

Michael Banks

Agent

• 25 posts

Posted March 02 2002 - 10:32 AM

Brian,

I have been using Laser's Edge now for a little over a year. I came to them after leaving DVD Express. I searched around for opinions on online retailers and found opinions of them on this forum, which were all praise. I called them that day and asked a few questions about there company. They are a small private owned business, which means alot to me since I own one also. That night I placed my first order, and the rest is history. God help me, I have since spent around $6000, with them. I can say that I am completely satisfied with the customer service. Marc and Rob do one hell of a job. I would say that 90% of my R1 releases are from them. Discs do ship early quite often, and the flat shipping rate is a definite plus. You can probably find cheaper prices on the net, but the service can't be matched.

Give them a try, I don't think you will be disappointed.Posted Image
My addiction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users