What's new

The Laser's Edge... (1 Viewer)

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
How is it compared to Deep Discount DVD and DVD Empire? How are each of them as far as shipping (e.g. do they ship DVDs early)? I'm considering jumping into the online ordering thing (looks like I may save a bundle even over Ken Cranes) and if I can get DVDs earlier I may just do it. :)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I can't compare them to Deep Discount or DVD Empire which I've never used, but I have had very positive experiences with Laser's Edge. I've never had any problem with them. Their prices are good, and they have a flat shipping rate for each order (unlike DVD Planet which charges not just by title, but by disc, e.g., for the Godfather collection, you pay shipping as if it were 5 different titles :frowning:). The only drawback to Laser's Edge is that you can't tell from their website what's in stock. Since I am always ordering 4 or so dvds at a time (to take advantage of the flat shipping rate), I always place my order by phone so I can be sure they have them in stock.

Brian,
I have been using Laser's Edge now for a little over a year. I came to them after leaving DVD Express. I searched around for opinions on online retailers and found opinions of them on this forum, which were all praise. I called them that day and asked a few questions about there company. They are a small private owned business, which means alot to me since I own one also. That night I placed my first order, and the rest is history. God help me, I have since spent around $6000, with them. I can say that I am completely satisfied with the customer service. Marc and Rob do one hell of a job. I would say that 90% of my R1 releases are from them. Discs do ship early quite often, and the flat shipping rate is a definite plus. You can probably find cheaper prices on the net, but the service can't be matched.
Give them a try, I don't think you will be disappointed.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks