What's new

How will Columbia House react to??... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
With the release of season sets of All in the Family by Columbia/Tristar. I wonder how Columbia House home video will react to the fact that for the same price to buy one 4 episode dvd you can buy the entire season?

I know their is a thread for All in the Family already. But, this is more to discuss the implications of the dual releases.

Steve Hauben

Stunt Coordinator
Unless they are all ready selling TV series on DVD, I doubt they will carry it.
The post is refering to the fact that Columbia House (no relation to Columbia Tri/Star) is publishing, on their own "All In The Family" 4 episodes per disc which sells for around the same price as a Columbia Tri/Star's complete season.
All I can say is I'm thrilled with the CT/S announcement, I had considered CH but realized how outrageous it would be have been, if not for the CT/S announcement I would have probably gotten a DVD-R later this year and made them myself (for my own personal use :) ) Thankfully now I don't have to.

Jeff Koch

Stunt Coordinator
I contacted Columbia House today and asked them if they heard about the impending release of the first season of "All In the Family." The CSR said she heard nothing about it but said "that's one hell of a deal." Columbia House's pricing structure for tv shows is, in my opinion, outrageous price manipulation and a ripoff. Charging $30.00 per disc (four episodes per disc) for shows like "All In the Family" and "I Love Lucy" demonstrates that something is seriously wrong here. I was at Costco today and saw the first season of the tv series MASH selling for $25.99, an incredibly reasonable price to say the least! I bought it immediately. I suspect that some day "I Love Lucy" will be made available at a substantially lower price. It may not be from Columbia House and it may take some time but I do believe it will happen.
Jeff

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I think the restoration ia all up in the air - who pays, how elaborate, etc etc. So don't expect anything anytime soon.
Although pessimistic-sounding on the face of it, there is some hope in there that they are willing to look into it. I'm sure Martin and everyone else at Paramount realize that they have an important cornerstone of television history in their hands, and will give it the serious attention it deserves. While not as super-hot as, say, Star Trek, it surely has broad appeal and will be worth the investment over the long haul.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks