Senior HTF Member
http://www.digitalbits.com/#mytwocents
tngdvd02.jpg

tngdvd03.jpg

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I hope someone at Paramount realizes the insignia is backwards on that last photo.

Neil

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
At least this box solves the Starfleet insignia complaint we had when the first pictures of this set showed the more angular Star Trek: Generations version instead of the encircled one shown here.
As for the badge reversal, let's hope it's just a prototype packaging SNAFU that will be remedied in the final product. There's only about half a billion people who would notice that something's wrong with it, even if they couldn't say what specifically.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I think this packaging is stunning and I can't wait to buy these sets!! I hope Paramount keeps the same overall design for DS9, when they get around to releasing that series.

Andy_G

Stunt Coordinator
As a former senior member, I can attest to the compulsive qualities of trekkers. After years of harassment from them, I suspect that Paramount is aware of this. I would bet on any problem of this magnitude being fixed before final production.

Andy

WoodyH

Stunt Coordinator
Oooers...:D...looking forward to these sets more and more all the time. Thanks for the heads up!

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
But now the numbers are backwards!
LOL! I noticed that too, in like a millisecond. Notice, too, that the series now starts with Season 7 (like it should have).

Don't mess with Trekkies. It's a Kobayashi Maru scenario.

The first season of this particular show blew heartily, but I gotta say the packaging is tempting me greatly. Curse these Trekkie bones of mine for being unable to say "no"!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
No, no, no, the insignia is being shown correctly! It's NOT backwards!
Look at the top picture, with the top flipped up. If you "mirror" that image, you'll realize that it's correct as shown, if you were facing it.
Now look at the open case's spine in the same picture. The number one ("1") is horizontal (it's on it's side), and the top of the "1" is to the near left and the bottom to the far right. That case is meant to be closed by way of grabbing the side laying flat near you, and swinging it UP to meet the top of the case that is already vertical. It then snaps shut, as you can see the snap mechanism.
At that point, the number "1" will be readable normally, just like in the bottom photo. And you will then be looking at the BACK of the case, where the "backwards" combadge logo could be considered entirely appropriate...
As the wacko who originally complained about the improper combadge on the first pics we saw of these cases, I want to thank Paramount with all of my heart for fixing it! It *truly* would have broken my heart to have no choice but to buy "improper" cases.
I know...I'm pretty scary sometimes! :eek:
But I thank them, and Martin in particular!

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
Geez, I really have no desire to buy Season 1 or 2, but dammit if this isn't making it hard as hell to hold out on getting this the minute it's available!!!! Damn me and my poor college student lifestyle!!!!

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
That case is meant to be closed by way of grabbing the side laying flat near you, and swinging it UP to meet the top of the case that is already vertical. It then snaps shut, as you can see...
I was going to buy it, but now it looks like it is too complicated to open.

Seriously, I guess I like the simplicity of the case, and the appropriate art deco sort of Starfleet styling. Nice.

But this can't be all the packaging. For retail appeal, they'll probably wrap it in a paper sleeve with lots of pics or something. Otherwise, non trekkers will think there's lunchboxes and thermoses for sale in the DVD section.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
So I'm assuming 6 discs of 4 eps, 1 disc of 2 eps + a featurette or two...?
Pity we can't see the back art on the foldout disc holder. :frowning:
BTW, as a Trekker I need to find fault with something to do with this release. Hmm... Ah yes! Purple?! What's with the purple?! What about that cool cyan seen on the titles?! Can't Paramount do anything right?! Sheesh! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks