What's new

Jack Larsen R.I.P. (1 Viewer)

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
Jack Larsen, actor, producer and playwright, Jimmy Olsen on television's first Superman series, has died at 87. Later on, he played "Old Jimmy Olsen" in an episode of Lois and Clark, and played a bartender in Bryan Singer's Superman Returns. Mr. Larsen also produced several of his longtime companion James Bridges's films including Mike's Murder and Perfect.

Attachments

• jack_larson_h_15.jpg
    jack_larson_h_15.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 69

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Very sad and apparently unexpected as Jack seemed perpetually active and healthy. He deserves praise for both his iconic portrayal of Jimmy Olson and his ability to craft a new career post Superman.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
He certainly had a lengthy and remarkable career in film, TV and stage...especially as he started out in a very workmanlike, threadbare and tight fisted production like THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN...and, best of all, he leaves behind very good feelings and warm memories for old louts like me...and that's as fine a legacy as anyone could hope for, isn't it?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I read his obit today with much nostalgic sadness. I grew up with his Jimmy Olsen, and I've always had problems with every other actor who has played the role.

I also appreciated his willingness to talk about the show with pleasure and enthusiasm, and I will miss any future candid observations he might have made about the show, his fellow actors, or the other hallmarks of his lengthy career.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks