What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Legacy -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris

Richard Marquand's The Legacy, is a very nice looking Blu-ray, but unfortunately, not a very good film.

Those who love it, however, are in for a treat.

Apparently derived from a scan of a nicely resolved dupe element, resolution, color, grain, shadow detail, are all well rendered.

There are also occasional scratches, and minus and plus density, but nether annoying so.

Image - 4.5

Audio - 5

4k Up-rez - 4

Pass / Fail - Pass

RAH

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Never seen the film, but the movie poster is a stroke of marketing brilliance:

legacy.jpg

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
It's bizarre as hell. The highlight (if you want to call it that) is a tracheotomy performed on an unlikely cast member. It's otherwise a massive waste of the beautiful and talented Katherine Ross.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I wonder how it is I don't remember even knowing about this one.

In addition to the mentions above, we have Jimmy Sangster as one of the screenwriters, and Charles Gray (who I see one IMDb user referring to as "Charles 'Rocky Horror' Gray" (!) ). And RAH certainly gives the BD itself a fine grade, so ... expected disappointments notwithstanding ... I'm in.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
This was a staple on television in the early 80's and I saw it several times there and always enjoyed. While certainly far from perfect Its one of the better late 70's Exorcist/Omen clones if you are into these. Much better than Burnt Offerings or The Amityville Horror imo, I had this on VHS, upgraded to DVD but will probably upgrade again when it is on sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks