What's new

Hardware Wars (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

"You'll laugh, You'll cry, You'll kiss three bucks goodbye"

81CjE3Nw03L._SX522_.jpg

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Oh, the early days of HBO. Anyone that remembers that era certainly remembers this very popular short. Wonder if the "other film farces" are also included here.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Considering that Hardware Wars is - what, about 15 min long, what the hell have the filled the rest of the disc up with? They did a special edition right when Star Wars did theirs, so probably that version - but past that? That's a mighty slim disc!

Still, for the right price, I might pick it up.

Ouch - 30 bucks is not the right price.

cb1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
LOL I remember that, good lord that was cheesy - but fun. not worth the price though.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yeah, for a 12 minute short (if memory serves me correctly), it's not worth that price. When it comes down to $10 or less, I will purchase.

Grady Reid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Grady
If I remember right, the dvd that came out in the early 2000's had quite a few extras. They were goofy supplements, almost making fun of dvd extras. I think Ernie Fosselius owns the film outright and just made-up disc supplements to fill the dvd!

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Would be nice if they included Fosselius' other epic parody.

It still bakes my noodle that Ernie later worked on Return of The Jedi!

Maybe throw this in too, although it was never approved by the director. ;)

Reactions: cb1

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
I have the original vhs tape released by Warner video called "Hardware Wars and other Film Farces" which has that plus Closet Cases of the Nerd Kind, Bambi Meets Godzilla, and Porklips Now...all classics and very funny...hope to see the rest of them on blu-ray.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
atcolomb said:
I have the original vhs tape released by Warner video called "Hardware Wars and other Film Farces" which has that plus Closet Cases of the Nerd Kind, Bambi Meets Godzilla, and Porklips Now...all classics and very funny...hope to see the rest of them on blu-ray.
I would hope so, since HARDWARE WARS is only 13 minutes long. BAMBI MEETS GOZILLA is the funniest 2 minutes you'll ever encounter...if you have never seen this, I envy you, but it still makes me roar after probably twenty viewings. Talk about making a classic on the cheap! I didn't care for the remaining two as much, but at least their inclusion on this Blu-ray would give the release a little heft for a thirty-dollar list price. HARDWARE WARS would make a good lead-in to a showing of SPACEBALLS, or a lead-out from a showing of STAR WARS.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Dick said:
HARDWARE WARS would make a good lead-in to a showing of SPACEBALLS, or a lead-out from a showing of STAR WARS.

When I first saw Hardware Wars when I was a little kid, I saw it as a double feature with Dark Star. Being a voracious Star Wars nerd, I was coming for Hardware Wars, but Dark Star blew my fucking 9 year old mind. I loved the hell out of that movie despite not getting a single thing about it.

So yeah, there's my natural paring of the two.

Dave MJ

Second Unit
atcolomb said:
I have this tape as well. I still love Bambi and Closet Cases, but not a fan of Porklips Now.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Really, this belonged in the parody section of the official Star Wars Saga blu-rays.

Bill Waits

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
magicman
Does anyone have any info on this? Amazon was taking orders shortly after the announced release date, but now says that it's no longer available.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Hmmm. So, it was never even released?

Wonder if the product was pulled to add more of the other parodies to it.

Seemed like an awfully expensive product just for HARDWARE WARS

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Okay, doing some searching, here's what I found - for what it's worth.

The blu ray of Hardware Wars has been canceled due to creative differences between us [the studio? The message doesn't say] and Mr Fosselius

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Tony J Case said:
Okay, doing some searching, here's what I found - for what it's worth.

The blu ray of Hardware Wars has been canceled due to creative differences between us [the studio? The message doesn't say] and Mr Fosselius

Where was this message and who or what entity was supposedly speaking?

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Well that sucks. I actually met Ernie Fosselius once. This was in the 1980s, and a guy came in to rent a P.O. box where I was working the counter. My eyes popped when I read the application form he'd filled out. "Are you the Ernie Fosselius?" I asked fanboyishly. Well, just another glance at him and I knew the answer. But he was genuinely taken aback, and pleased, at being recognized. I probably told him that "Hardware Wars" was one of the earliest things I'd taped with my first Betamax - from Bob Wilkins' Creature Features on KTVU-2 Oakland - and that over the years I'd watched it and shown it to people about a zillion times.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
"You'II Laugh, You'II Cry, You will kiss this Blu-ray goodbye :) But I hope not because it's a funny short and the extras did look interesting. ​

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks