What's new

New to the Forum, Saying hello (1 Viewer)

bill1029

Auditioning
Real Name
Bill
Hi All,

I've been a member for a while, but recently had the opportunity to upgrade the speakers in my dedicated theater room. My lurking within the forums have helped me immensely.

My next project will be perimeter lighting with LED rope and building acoustic paneling that looks a bit better than the foam panels I have installed today.

My pictures (attached below) show my older hardware; I recently upgraded the speakers (last weekend) and will have to post some pics with the new speakers (these pics are a bit outdated)

Any additional ideas are welcome!

My system at a glance:

B&W CM8 S2 (Front L/R)
B&W CM Center 2 S2
B&W M-1 (4 surrounds for 7.1)
JL Audio E110
Oppo 103D
Yamaha Aventage 1030
Epson 3020
Elite Screens 100"
Harmony Hub
Generic 8" Tablet (controls)

IMG_6141.JPG

IMG_6139.JPG

IMG_6140a.JPG

Bobofbone

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
Something to consider with rope lights. You can replace the the power switch with a Lutron unit that can be used manually or with a IR remote (a small remote comes with the remote capable switch). If you do so, you can also use a pre set, and delayed dim and shut off. You will also have to use incandescent, and not LED rope lights.

I like mine.

bill1029

Auditioning
Real Name
Bill
Bobofbone said:
Something to consider with rope lights. You can replace the the power switch with a Lutron unit that can be used manually or with a IR remote (a small remote comes with the remote capable switch). If you do so, you can also use a pre set, and delayed dim and shut off. You will also have to use incandescent, and not LED rope lights.

I like mine.
Thanks Bob. I'm trying to do some research. I'd like the rgb function and dimming. I'd also like it to work with a WiFi controller as I control my set up with an android tablet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks