What's new

Best floorstanding speakers under 350£ and receiver under 200£. (1 Viewer)

dongibon

Auditioning
Real Name
mocanu andrei
Hi all. This is my first post here.
I just moved alone recently and I was looking too buy a decent setup but there are so many choices out there I could really use some help please. I will be connecting this to my PC through a optical cable and use Spotify most of the time.
I will be using this mainly for music. I plan on buying some surround speakers aswell in the future but this will do for now.
I read some good reviews about the Pioneer SP FS-52 and the VSX receivers series but I would like to hear more opinions please. I will
The design of the speakers is also very important.
Thank you all for reply. Cheers.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Sorry, can't help much with European speakers (prices). I will say that if you like the Pioneer then get it (assuming it has the feature you like). They make nice products. Also look at Onkyo, Denon, Yamaha, and Harmon Kardon. Avoid store brands and major brands don't make great receivers (like Sony, Phillips, Samsung, etc).

Another thing to keep in mind is the better your audio gear, the worse services like Spotifiy will sound. All of the imperfections will be noticeable on good speakers.

ChromeJob

Second Unit
Real Name
David S.
Three words: read some reviews. Once you've identified some models that are in your price range, and have some good review notices, ask about them here (typical "model X vs. model Y vs. model Z" thread). Likely to get more specific feedback.

Identifying some short list options also lets you SEARCH the forum for past discussions. ;)

"What should I buy" threads often seem to snare uncorrelated "fav" suggestions.

File this response under "Learning to fish vs. just gimme a fish n' chips to go."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks