What's new

Shout complete TV releases: What's next? (1 Viewer)

Wonderfrog68

Agent
Real Name
Pascal
I reckon "DIff'rent Strokes" will be their next release. Moreover, there should still be hope for a complete release of "Archie Bunker's place" and let's be crazy, why not "One day at a time".

I wish they'd also complete "Police Woman", "The Rookies" (only 2 seasons left) "Police Story. and "Fantasy Island".

I'm sure fans of these shows would go for 2 season bundles or complete sets.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Kasey said:
I've been told it's going to be quiet for some time before Shout releases any more big box sets.

I suppose even Shout had to slow down at some point. Hopefully it just means they're working on the next big wave of releases and not grinding to a halt like others seem to be doing. (Perhaps working out any music clearance issues for a potential One Day at a Time set?)

Still, with The Saint, Science Fiction Theatre, The Bold Ones: The Senator, MST3K Vol. 33, and the final season of Hart to Hart all on pre-order and due out over the next 3 months, they're about to provide me with many hours of entertainment during their lull.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Dave Lawrence said:
Still, with The Saint, Science Fiction Theatre, The Bold Ones: The Senator, MST3K Vol. 33, and the final season of Hart to Hart all on pre-order and due out over the next 3 months, they're about to provide me with many hours of entertainment during their lull.
I'm definitely going in for that final Hart to Hart myself.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
I would love IT'S A LIVING and ONE DAY AT A TIME, but I am not getting my hopes up. They have given me my beloved MAUDE and I can't really fault them for anything now after that.

Movie Maven

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
ed
love to see Green Acres completed,thats the only tv dvd set I have now thats not complete..last Mr Ed last season will be released in May and had to go the Australian route for last season of Hitchcock presents.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Movie Maven said:
love to see Green Acres completed,thats the only tv dvd set I have now thats not complete..last Mr Ed last season will be released in May and had to go the Australian route for last season of Hitchcock presents.

Ed:

Did you also go the Australian route for The Alfred Hitchcock Hour? I know Madman Entertainment released all three seasons in Region 4. I've been contemplating going that route as well.

Darby

Movie Maven

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
ed
to Darby....no I didnt...thought about it,but to expensive,and if if any defective discs have to send it back to Australia,dont want the hassle....just glad I could finish up AHP which I prefer to the hour show. Can always go to You Tube to watch them....I think its a disgrace the way universal treats both shows.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Movie Maven said:
to Darby....no I didnt...thought about it,but to expensive,and if if any defective discs have to send it back to Austrailia,dont want the hassle....just glad I could finish up AHP which I prefer to the hour show. Can always go to You Tube to watch them....I think its a disgrace the way universal treats both shows.

I hear ya, Ed. And it is disgraceful how Universal has treated their Hitchcock television shows.

HonkyTonkMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Erik
I don't know if Shout! Factory will ever be getting around to releasing any additional
DVD or Blu-Ray releases of classic 20th Century television shows at any point in the future.

I'm so very grateful to Shout! Factory for having been such a marvelous DVD distributor
of lots of classic 20th Century television shows for so many years.

Even though I've never had any interest in buying the DVD releases of such a large amount of the
TV Shows that Shout! Factory has released on DVD,
there have still been a pretty good amount of classic American television Shows from the 20th Century that
Shout! Factory has released on DVD that I have bought the Shout! Factory DVD releases of.

Without counting any of the Classic TV on DVD releases that have been distributed by Timeless Media Group,
Here is a comprehensive list of the TV Shows that Shout Factory has either single-handedly completed,
completed or helped to complete on pressed physical media discs.

Adam-12 (Seasons 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7)
Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
All In The Family
All-American Girl
Andy Barker, P.I.
Automan

Baa Baa Black Sheep
[also known as Black Sheep Squadron], (Season 2)
Barney Miller
Batfink
Beetlejuice
Bob & Rose
Bullet In The Face

Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons
CatDog
Cinematic Titanic
Cop Rock
Custer

Daniel Boone
Danny Phantom
Dark Skies
D.C. Follies
Dennis the Menace
Designing Women
Diff'rent Strokes
(Seasons 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8)
Dragnet (Seasons 2, 3 and 4)

Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids
Father Knows Best
Fireball XL5
Freaks and Geeks

Get A Life
Ghost Stories
G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero
Gravity Falls
Green Acres

Hart to Hart
(Seasons 3, 4 and 5)
Hazel (Seasons 2, 3, 4 and 5)
Here Come The Brides (Season 2)
Hey Arnold!
Hey Dude
Hill Street Blues
Home Movies
Homicide: Life On The Street

It's Garry Shandling's Show

Jem and the Holograms
Joe 90
Johnny Sokko and His Flying Robot
Just Shoot Me!

K-9
Kojak
(Seasons 2, 3, 4 and 5 + all eight of the movies)

Law & Order: Criminal Intent (Seasons 7, 8, 9 and 10)
Leave It To Beaver
Liberty's Kids: Est. 1776
Lou Grant

Manimal
Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman
M.A.S.K.
Maude
Max Headroom
McHale's Navy
(All four seasons + both of the 1960's movies)
Men Behaving Badly
Metal Hurlant Chronicles
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
Miracles
Mister Ed
Mr. Bean
My Friend Flicka
My So-Called Life

Newhart
(Seasons 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8)
Ned and Stacey
Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation
Northern Exposure
N.Y.P.D. Blue
(Seasons 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12)

One Day At A Time

Pee Wee's Playhouse
Police Woman
(Seasons 2, 3 and 4)
Power Rangers: Dino Thunder
Power Rangers In Space
Power Rangers: Jungle Fury
Power Rangers: Lightspeed Rescue
Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy
Power Rangers: Mystic Force
Power Rangers: Ninja Storm
Power Rangers: Operation Overdrive
Power Rangers: RPM
Power Rangers: S.P.D.
Power Rangers: Time Force
Power Rangers: Wild Force
Punky Brewster

Quincy, M.E.
(Seasons 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8)

Reboot
Rhoda
Rocko's Modern Life
Ronja: The Robber's Daughter
Route 66

Sam & Max: Freelance Police
Sapphire and Steel
Saved By The Bell
(In 2018, Shout! Factory became the second DVD distributor to release the entire series)
Science Fiction Theatre
Sgt. Bilko: The Phil Silvers Show
Simon & Simon
(Seasons 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 + the 1995 made-for-tv reunion movie "In Trouble Again")
Sisters
Sonic the Hedgehog
Space: 1999
Sports Night
Stargate Infinity
Stingray
(All 39 episodes from this British children's science-fiction 1964-1965 television series)
Street Hawk
Supercar
S.W.A.T.
(Season 2)

The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3
The Angry Beavers
The Bob Newhart Show
The Colbys
The Dana Carvey Show
The Facts of Life
The Goldbergs
(All 71 surviving episodes from this 1949-1956 television series)
The Good Place
The Goode Family
The Hardy Boys
(Season 3)
The High Chaparral
The Jeffersons
The Job
The Larry Sanders Show
The Legend of Zelda
The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams
The Loner
The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis
The Middleman
The Monroes
The Nanny
The Norm Show
The Paper Chase
The Patty Duke Show
The Rat Patrol
(In 2017, Shout! Factory became the second DVD distributor to issue both seasons)
The Saint
The Westerner
The Weird Al Show
The Wild Thornberrys

Tales of the Gold Monkey
Tennessee Tuxedo and His Tales
That Girl
Thirtysomething
Thunderbirds
T.J. Hooker
Transformers
(All 98 episodes from the syndicated 1984-1987 original Transformers animated TV series)
Transformers: Animated
Transformers: Armada
Transformers: Beast Wars
Transformers: Cybertron
Transformers: Energon
Transformers: Prime
Two Guys and a Girl

Ultra Q
Ultra Seven
Undeclared
Underdog

Warbirds of WWII
Welcome Back, Kotter
Wilfred
(Both seasons of the 2007 and 2010 Australian comedy television series)
WKRP In Cincinnati

Young Hercules

Chojin Sentai Jetman
Chouriki Sentai Ohranger
Denji Sentai Megaranger
Gekisou Sentai Carranger
Gosei Sentai Dairanger
Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger
Kyuukyuu Sentai GoGoFive
Mirai Sentai Timeranger
Ninja Sentai Kakuranger
Ninpuu Sentai Hurricaneger
Seijuu Sentai Gingaman
Super Sentai Zyuranger

Last edited:

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
If it ever happens, I would be up for complete series sets of Simon & Simon and NYPD Blue.

Though as time goes on, this seems to be less and less likely.

HonkyTonkMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Erik
I've have a large amount of Classic TV on DVD releases from Timeless Media Group,
but, I won't be posting exactly which Timeless Media Group Classic TV on DVD
titles that I have anywhere in this thread.

Here are the Shout! Factory Classic TV on DVD releases that I have in my collection.

Automan (The Complete Series)
Baa Baa Black Sheep [also known as Black Sheep Squadron], (Season 2)
Custer (The Complete Series)
Daniel Boone (Seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6)
Dragnet (Seasons 2, 3 and 4)
Fantasy Island (Seasons 2 and 3)
Green Acres (The Complete Series 24-DVD Box Set)
Hart To Hart (Seasons 3, 4 and 5)
Kojak (Seasons 2, 3, 4 and 5 + all eight of the movies)
Leave It To Beaver (The out-of-print 37-DVD Box Set edition of "The Complete Series")
Manimal (The Complete Series)
McHale's Navy (Seasons 1, 2, 3 and 4 + both of the 1960's movies)
Mr. Belvedere (Seasons 1, 2, 3 and 4)
My Friend Flicka (The Complete Series)
Police Woman (Seasons 2, 3 and 4)
Sgt. Bilko: The Phil Silvers Show (The Complete Series 20-DVD Box Set)
Simon & Simon (Seasons 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 + the 1995 made-for-TV reunion movie "In Trouble Again")
S.W.A.T. (Season 2)
The High Chaparral (Seasons 1, 2, 3 and 4)
The Loner (The Complete Series)
The Monroes (The Complete Series)
The Rookies (Season 2)
The Westerner (The Complete Series)
T.J. Hooker (The Complete Series 20-DVD Box Set)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Here is a comprehensive list of the TV Shows that Shout Factory has either single-handedly completed,
completed or helped to complete on pressed physical media discs.

Daniel Boone
Shout's release of Daniel Boone was the *third* full series release. Liberation released it as stand alone seasons then Fox released it as a full series on MOD then Shout! picked it up with stand alone seasons. Shout! used the Fox remasters for their release

Mr. Bean
Shout's release of Mr. Bean was the *third* full series release. A&E did it first, then later added the Bean movies and animated series for a "Ultimate Collection" release.

Northern Exposure
Shout's release of Northern Exposure was the *second* R1 release. Universal released the series in individual seasons first though it had significant music edits and early seasons were on problematic DV18s. Reportedly, the Shout! version also has edits but not as many as with Uni's releases. For full unedited you must go with an R2 copy.

Sapphire and Steel
Shout's release of Sapphire and Steel is the *second* in R1. A&E released the full series first.

Space: 1999
Shout's release of Space: 1999 is the *first* complete *BR* in R1 but A&E released it on DVD twice in different configurations.

Last edited:

HonkyTonkMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Erik
I just found out that Shout! Factory has also released all six seasons of Spin City on DVD.
Shout! Factory is the only DVD distributor that has released any seasons of Spin City on DVD.

I also just found out that Shout! Factory has released the one and only season of
the 2015 Canadian/British television series Olympus on DVD as well.

It's unfortunate that I'm no longer able to make any further edits to the 14th post of this thread.
I wish that the time frame to edit posts on this forum wasn't so extremely limited.

The 14th post in this thread was posted by me yesterday (Sunday, July 18, 2021)
at 6:39 a.m. here in California time.

It really is surprising and also disappointing that less than 21 hours later,
I'm no longer allowed to make any further edits to that particular post.

I haven't been able to find out if there are any other television shows that Shout! Factory
has helped to complete on DVD.

It's so unfortunate that Shout! Factory hasn't yet been fortunate enough
to be able to complete the following TV shows on DVD.

Blossom (Seasons 3, 4, and 5 are the only seasons that Shout! Factory hasn't yet released)

California Dreams (Season 5 is the only season that Shout! Factory hasn't yet released)

Fantasy Island (Seasons 4, 5, 6 and 7 still haven't been released)

Ironside (Seasons 5, 6, 7 and 8 are the only seasons that Shout! Factory hasn't yet released)

L.A. Law (Seasons 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 are the only seasons that Shout! Factory hasn't yet released)
Lincoln Heights (Seasons 2, 3 and 4 are the only seasons that Shout! Factory hasn't yet released)

MADtv (Seasons 5 to 15 are the eleven seasons that still haven't been released)
Malcolm & Eddie (Seasons 2, 3, and 4 are the only seasons that Shout! Factory hasn't yet released)
Marcus Welby, M.D. (Seasons 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 are the only seasons that Shout! Factory hasn't yet released)
Melissa & Joey (Seasons 2, 3 and 4 are the only seasons that Shout! Factory hasn't yet released)
Mr. Belvedere (Seasons 5 and 6 are the only seasons that Shout Factory's hasn't yet released)
My Two Dads (Season 3 is the only season that Shout! Factory hasn't yet released)

Nathan for You (Seasons 3 and 4 are the only seasons that Shout! Factory hasn't yet released)

Parker Lewis Can't Lose (Season 3 is the only season that Shout! Factory hasn't yet released)
People Just Do Nothing (Seasons 4 and 5 are the only seasons that Shout! Factory hasn't yet released)
Police Story (Seasons 4, 5 and 6 are the only seasons that Shout! Factory hasn't yet released)

Room 222 (Seasons 3, 4, and 5 are the only seasons that Shout! Factory hasn't yet released)

Small Wonder (Seasons 3 and 4 are the only seasons that Shout! Factory hasn't yet released)

The Defenders (Seasons 2, 3 and 4 are the only seasons that Shout! Factory hasn't yet released)

The Practice
- Shout! Factory released the final season on DVD.
- There haven't yet been any complete season sets of seasons 1 through 7 here in North America.

The Rookies (Seasons 3 and 4 still haven't been released)

Webster (Seasons 5 and 6 are the only seasons that Shout! Factory hasn't yet released)

Last edited:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I just found out that Shout! Factory has also released all six seasons of Spin City on DVD.
Shout! Factory is the only DVD distributor that has released any seasons of Spin City on DVD.

I also just found out that Shout! Factory has released the one and only season of
the 2015 Canadian/British television series Olympus on DVD as well.

It's unfortunate that I'm no longer able to make any further edits to the 14th post of this thread.
I wish that the time frame to edit posts on this forum wasn't so extremely limited.

The 14th post in this thread was posted by me yesterday (Sunday, July 18, 2021)
at 6:39 a.m. here in California time.

It really is surprising and also disappointing that less than 21 hours later,
I'm no longer allowed to make any further edits to that particular post.

I haven't been able to find out if there are any other television shows that Shout! Factory
has helped to complete on DVD.

It's so unfortunate that Shout! Factory hasn't yet been fortunate enough
to be able to complete the following TV shows on DVD.

Blossom (Seasons 3, 4, and 5 are the only seasons that Shout! Factory hasn't yet released)

California Dreams (Season 5 is the only season that Shout! Factory hasn't yet released)

Fantasy Island (Seasons 4, 5, 6 and 7 still haven't been released)

Ironside (Seasons 5, 6, 7 and 8 are the only seasons that Shout! Factory hasn't yet released)

L.A. Law (Seasons 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 are the only seasons that Shout! Factory hasn't yet released)
Lincoln Heights (Seasons 2, 3 and 4 are the only seasons that Shout! Factory hasn't yet released)

MADtv (Seasons 5 to 15 are the eleven seasons that still haven't been released)
Malcolm & Eddie (Seasons 2, 3, and 4 are the only seasons that Shout! Factory hasn't yet released)
Marcus Welby, M.D. (Seasons 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 are the only seasons that Shout! Factory hasn't yet released)
Melissa & Joey (Seasons 2, 3 and 4 are the only seasons that Shout! Factory hasn't yet released)
Mr. Belvedere (Seasons 5 and 6 are the only seasons that Shout Factory's hasn't yet released)
My Two Dads (Season 3 is the only season that Shout! Factory hasn't yet released)

Nathan for You (Seasons 3 and 4 are the only seasons that Shout! Factory hasn't yet released)

Parker Lewis Can't Lose (Season 3 is the only season that Shout! Factory hasn't yet released)
People Just Do Nothing (Seasons 4 and 5 are the only seasons that Shout! Factory hasn't yet released)
Police Story (Seasons 4, 5 and 6 are the only seasons that Shout! Factory hasn't yet released)

Room 222 (Seasons 3, 4, and 5 are the only seasons that Shout! Factory hasn't yet released)

Small Wonder (Seasons 3 and 4 are the only seasons that Shout! Factory hasn't yet released)

The Defenders (Seasons 2, 3 and 4 are the only seasons that Shout! Factory hasn't yet released)

The Practice
- Shout! Factory released the final season on DVD.
- There haven't yet been any complete season sets of seasons 1 through 7 here in North America.

The Rookies (Seasons 3 and 4 still haven't been released)

Webster (Seasons 5 and 6 are the only seasons that Shout! Factory hasn't yet released)
Report your post to the mods and ask in the "Report Reason" that you be allowed continuing editing on that one, explaining why. Considering that you're attempting a constantly updated log of availability I'd think they'll allow it. In either event, it doesn't hurt to ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks