What's new

Low volume out of front and surround left channels (1 Viewer)

rirawh

Auditioning
Real Name
Richard Whitlock
Hello,

I am having an issue with the volume levels from my two left channels in a 5.1 set up. I have an HK AVR 254 which is a preamp to a Carver AV 505. I have owned the 254 for about 5 years and have never had to adjust my speaker settings since I first set them up. Last night I found the volume levels were off (really low on the left only) and I could not get them loud enough to be equal to the other speakers in the system. I also checked the output knobs on the back of the Carver and found that they were wide open for all channels.

I have not updated the firmware on the 254 since I originally purchased the receiver as all that I use it for is for watching movies in a dedicated theater room.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to go about troubleshooting this issue? At this point I am not sure if it is related to the preamp or the amp itself.

Thanks,

Richard

rirawh

Auditioning
Real Name
Richard Whitlock
Thanks, I will try that and report back. If it turns out to be the receiver, is this some thing that a firmware update could solve?

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
The usual suggestion is to un-plug the receiver for 30 minutes. If that doesn't do the trick then do a factory reset which is explained in the manual. Un-fortunately a factory reset clears all settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks