What's new

3D 3-D Centennial at MoMA with 3-D RARITIES, HONDO and KISS ME KATE! (1 Viewer)

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
If you are in the New York area and can make it to our June 13 world premiere of 3-D RARITIES at the Museum of Modern Art at 4:30, you'll also have the opportunity to see HONDO in 3-D at 7:00. This will be the first New York 3-D play-date since 1954!

At this time, it seems very unlikely that HONDO will have a 3-D Blu-ray release so don't miss it!

HONDO will also play June 14 - 19 with an encore with 3-D RARITIES on July 4. The restored KISS ME KATE will play June 28 - July 4.

Advance tickets will go on sale in May.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Bob Furmanek said:
At this time, it seems very unlikely that HONDO will have a 3-D Blu-ray release so don't miss it!

:( :( :(

Sad, mystifying, mind-boggling.

But count me in. See you at MOMA!

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
What on Earth are the rights holders waiting for? They're unlikely to be at the centre of a bidding war.

MikeDE

Second Unit
I really wish I lived closer. Looks like most of us will never get to see Hondo, and that's a shame.

Todd J Moore

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Todd Moore
Question: is the Bellboy and the Playgirls footage to be shown at MoMA or will it just be the 22 main disc contents? I ask because I'm going to ask a couple friends of mine of they want to go and they're really religious (plus they have an 11 year old kid). I know they would enjoy Hondo, so that's why I'm asking.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
No, the MoMA presentation is a 96 minute version of RARITIES. The Coppola footage is not included.

The raciest thing in the show is the comedy bit from I'LL SELL MY SHIRT and that's all double-entendre.

Todd J Moore

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Todd Moore
Ok. So the chick dancing bit from I'll Sell My Shirt isn't there? Good to know. Thanks. I assume the two presentations will be separate admission.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
No, the dancer in I'LL SELL MY SHIRT is not in the MoMA show.

Yes, separate admission.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Oh, yes indeed. You'll be able to see Dorothy Burke in all her tri-dimensional out-of-phase* splendor on the Blu-ray!

*Her scene was photographed with the shutters out-of-phase which is baked-in and cannot be fixed. That's why we removed it from the theatrical version. The comedy routine is fine.

Sonney-(5).gif

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
How about sending some of this stuff across the Atlantic? London has several independent cinemas who'd probably love to screen "Hondo", "I, the Jury" etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks