What's new

Lost Connection (1 Viewer)

ViewFinder

Grip
Real Name
Ray Girard
Greetings,

I just bought a Nexus Player, for Android....thinking it would pump my Samsung Galaxy Tablet 3 onto my tv....a 42" LG, Model # RU42PX10, ..but, much to my surprise I find my tv doesn't have an HDMI port. My main interest here is to see on my tv screen what is on my tablet (not the HD aspect). Is there any way to connect these two units without a dongle.....wirelessly, as I tried to do with the Nexus Player.

I've had no luck finding a dongle (hard-wired) out here in West Coast, Canada.

Any ideas?

~ray

P.S.- I'll attach the pdf tv manual here, if I can. View attachment RU-42_50PX10.pdf

P.P.S.- My Shaw cable box has HDMI's. Could I somehow use that?

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
The Nexus Player only has HDMI. You may find a converter (I found a few by searching Google) but whether it works well is anybody's guess. The industry purposely adds encryption to HDMI signals to prevent you from converting them to analog.

Maybe it is time for a new TV????

BTW - I preordered my Nexus Player in November. I'm not 'blown away' by it. It has a nice interface and will allow you to cast from your other devices, but it does have a few issues (Plex has major issues on it). I hope they get things figured out.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Remedy that with any HDMI connected soundbar.

A soundbar will cost less than a TV, sound better and give you more, modern, inputs.

ChromeJob

Second Unit
Real Name
David S.
ViewFinder said:
Thanks Dave.
I don't really care for non-elegant solutions to connectivity problems, ....they never work up to snuff, so a new tv it will be.

~ray
What kind of inputs DOES your tv have?

ViewFinder

Grip
Real Name
Ray Girard
David, Let me attach a page from the manual that I already had attached in the opening question. View attachment 17874

LG-TV.jpg

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Yup. Time for a new TV. Even with the soundbar you would have problems getting the picture to the TV.

Stop over in the display forum and get some suggestions.

Good luck.

ViewFinder

Grip
Real Name
Ray Girard
I had to bounce it off of someone who knows, and I found that right here. Thanks all, for your thoughts and help.

Much appreciated!

We're building a Tiny House so we probably should get a new tv that might fit better and be more adjustable.

~Ray

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks