What's new

new floor standing speakers help! (1 Viewer)

goldham70

Auditioning
Real Name
Gary
I currently own the tsx330t from Polk. I have had them for about a year paired with tsxcenter and two energy cb10. Only problem is my cb10s completely outshine my floor standing speakers.so I've been eyeballing two cf50 from energy any recommendations? I power it all with vx375 from yamaha am I underpowered possibly ?

goldham70

Auditioning
Real Name
Gary
So adding a 2 channel amp won't help in your opinion? Do you have any other recommendations for towers in the 250 500 per speaker price range? I w

goldham70

Auditioning
Real Name
Gary
My av receiver has preouts for front left and right so I could add a amp if I wanted.I bought those Polk floorstaners. Just want to be sure I buy something I will enjoy. I do love my cb10s...I am a heavy music listener.I discovered it by accidentry really. I know a little but the price range for 300-500 per speaker seems flooded. I have noticed with every other speaker turned off the polks bass performance improves a little. That's why I asked about the amp. still new Ya know

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
If you go with Energy fronts then you really should get the matching center as well. How about a compromise? CB20's for fronts with the matching center and a decent sub, or a better sub then what you already have? Sometimes a better bookshelf is better then an average tower.

But you probably love towers just like the rest of us.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
gene c said:
If you go with Energy fronts then you really should get the matching center as well. How about a compromise? CB20's for fronts with the matching center and a decent sub, or a better sub then what you already have? Sometimes a better bookshelf is better then an average tower.

But you probably love towers just like the rest of us.
yep, we love towers.

To the OP...

I'm the last one to ask "which should I buy"...

I'd reply(my own home bears this out)..." you have more than 1 room. Buy multiple brands/types of speakers for each room"

Theatre...
BIC V. Not to confused with DV Amazon.

Living room...
DCM TF

Office...
Infinity Crescendo

Master bedroom...
Polk S

Other house:
Living room...
Infinity Intermezzo

Bedroom...
Wharfedale W60e

But I'm like that though. When I go to Qdoba and gets asked "which bean would you like?"...

"Both"

goldham70

Auditioning
Real Name
Gary
I do love towers . I really want something I can enjoy without a sub.I am excited to get towers I wouldn't mind something with a slightly larger woofer though. 8 inch or so.I really like my cb10s but I think for me towers are the only choice. I want a better bass clarity and sound for sure. Mainly the lower mid range on the polks Is awful kind of a clash sound at higher volumes.that is with a subwoofer at 80hz. I am ready to buy new towers. can you guys possible list a few others. I'm thinking these so far
c50-c70 ,b and w 684s,

goldham70

Auditioning
Real Name
Gary
Music is my passion first ...everything else is secondary. I like classic rock,jazz,techno,acoustic and some newer rock.

goldham70

Auditioning
Real Name
Gary
O and I will certainly pick up the matching center no matter what way I go. I will just do that at a later date. That way I can spend more on the set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks