What's new

VTF-15H MK2 Subwoofer who has one? (1 Viewer)

xxl2

Grip
Real Name
nic
Just wondering who has one of of these new speakers? I hope its all they say it is. I will be buying one soon they look like a good one for the money. Checked best buy for a svs or martin logan nothing worth anything big disappointment plus the help wasn't to helpful; So lets hear your opinions on the hsu

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
xxl2 said:
Just wondering who has one of of these new speakers? I hope its all they say it is. I will be buying one soon they look like a good one for the money. Checked best buy for a svs or martin logan nothing worth anything big disappointment plus the help wasn't to helpful; So lets hear your opinions on the hsu
You aren't going to find an internet direct company like SVS selling in Best Buy. That defeats the purpose of removing the middle-man and keeping prices low.

I have never personally heard a Hsu sub but I have seen independent measurements compared to subs I have heard plus the reviews are almost always positive. But Hsu and SVS aren't the only internet direct subs available. What others did you consider? Why did you choose Hsu?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
My favorite ID is Salk/Rythmik.

Ordered one for a client a while back done in cream fresco wallpaper.

Their interior decorator sent a roll of the same wallpaper going on the walls. The sub was built where the driver and amp...were on the bottom. Even came with a 90° off-white IEC. We didn't ask for that either. Salk just thought ahead.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I have both a VTF-15H and an SVS PC-2000. Both are great. Obviously the Hsu is much larger. You can't go wrong with either brand and trying to compare them head to head is going to be near impossible unless you go to a bass fest. A few AVS users run them in PA and out west. I will tell you as someone who has been to one that it is an exhausting day and you are left no better than where you started other than knowing that the differences between a $750 sub and a $20k one are marginal at best, obviously taking materials and driver size into account.

TroyH4

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Troy
I'm not sure if you can use the work "overkill" to decide whether a sub is too "large" for a small room. I will be converting a media room upstairs into my next HT room. It measures

12'x13'x8' closed in, double French doors, 1 window, carpet.

Is a sub , like the VTF-15H too large and powerful for a room my size ?

I'd like to have more than less.

Thoughts?

kalm_traveler

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jake
I've been very pleased with mine and it's not even set correctly yet... Need to run YPAO again with the Q setting on 0.5 instead of 0.7 because I didn't read the manual ahead of time...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks