What's new

Batman DVD Set Missing Tag Scene In S2 Episode (1 Viewer)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I felt this merited a separate thread rather than be one post buried in a long one. To reiterate, the S2 episode "Marsha's Scheme Of Diamonds" which is Part 2 of the first Carolyn Jones episode is missing its tag scene and its clear this was due to an authoring screwup. There are supposed to be 5 chapters in this episode (and 5 are indicated in the display). At the end of Chapter 3 we get the end of the main episode, and then what should be Chapter 4 and the tag scene (which shows Marsha's dotty Aunt Hilda, played by Estelle Winwood now teaching a cooking class at the Wayne School of Home Economics) is not there. Instead Chapter 4 becomes the End Credits and Chapter 5 is basically blank as the episode is now over at a too short running time of 24:17.The bumper for next week's villain featuring Shame is still there coming at the end of Chapter 3 which is not the right spot it should have been in since it should have followed the missing tag scene.Warners, get on the ball with a replacement disc right NOW!

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks, Jack.

To recap, there are now two known missing scenes: the Astin Riddler episode (scene in Gordon's office) and now the above tag scene. Any others that have come to light?

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Where is this missing scene? Part 1 or Part 2? If there's more than one episode with this problem then my enthusiasm is going to dissipate rapidly for this whole set.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
The final scene of an episode, usually the "recap" scene or "summing up" scene leading into end credits in Part 2 episodes (as opposed to Part 1 episodes which end with the cliffhanger),

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I believe I do remember that scene from the reruns. I thought at first you were talking about the recaps they would do if you missed part 1 of the show. I was always glad when in the latter part of season two that they just stopped doing the recaps. I just have skipped about and for some reason have been watching clips and full episodes from none other than season 3 which is my least favorite.

AlexNH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex Koutroubas
#2-46 "Riddling Controversy" with John Astin as the Riddler, the scene where the Riddler is hiding behind the Commissioner's desk is omitted when he puts his "pencil flashlight" into a wall outlet.

Has anyone tried to play the "Marsha" episode with the Play All function? Maybe the chapter is in there somewhere.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
AlexNH said:
Has anyone tried to play the "Marsha" episode with the Play All function? Maybe the chapter is in there somewhere.
I haven't checked but I think the results would probably be the same because like all Warner Blu-ray TV titles, the episodes just continue playing. If you choose episode 3, it will through that episode and continue playing episodes 4, 5, 6, etc. until the end of the disc.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
No. On the Blu-Ray the Marsha episode is Season 2, Disc 2. The Riddler episode is Season 2, Disc 5.

EddieLarkin

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nick
Checked my UK set. The chapter is missing whether you select the episode or use the play all function and skip to it. Unlike every other Batman episode, it has 5 chapters instead of 6.

Time for a replacement programme Warner's!

AlexNH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex Koutroubas
Is the Riddler episode missing a chapter too? or is it just not there?

EddieLarkin

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nick
I can't check that since I wouldn't know where to look, but by the description of it there's no way it'd take up a whole chapter. Usually you get:

(1)cold open(2)opening credits(3)part 1 of episode(4)part 2 of episode(5)tag scene(6)end credits.

For the Marsha episode, there are only 5 chapters rather than 6. The tag scene is gone and the end credits take their place as chapter 5.

The Riddler scene just sounds like a cut.

EDIT:

Oh wait, I have that wrong. My player shows 6 chapters for some reason (on all episodes), but there is really only 5. They are actually like this:

(1)cold open/opening credits(2)part 1 of episode(3)part 2 of episode(4)tag scene(5)end credits.

The Marsha episode is like this:

(1)cold open/opening credits(2)part 1 of episode(3)part 2 of episode(4)end credits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks