What's new

Poster decorating suggestions? (1 Viewer)

Andretti

Agent
Real Name
Bryan
My movie room is pretty much 95% done, so I'm throwing around ideas in my mind what to put up movie poster wise.

Two agenda's here. One movie poster framed would be done in a very elaborate yellow-ish/gold frame (think outside movie theater marquee) to cover the opening of my cabinet containing all my audio/video equipment like the one I linked below (pretty sure this was posted here on the site as someone else's setup, which I freaking LOVE).

media room wall poster.JPG

The rest, will just be for on the walls around the room.

I'm curious the subjects that others might put up for their rooms. Below are the ones atm that I'm leaning towards, but am curious what others might put up. I am trying to avoid any particular theme, and as much as I do like it, probably little to no horror subjects (uh huh...I know, the Exorcist is most DEFINITELY one as well as the Howling), but I am open to most anything subjects that just 'look' cool and considered classics by most, even if I wasn't too huge a fan personally of.

I think the elaborate one (media cabinet one) will likely be a poster from the Godfather series.

the rest in no particular order:

Star Wars (probably the first movie, but considering empire strikes back)
The Graduate
Pale Rider/Clint Eastwood
Fight Club
Escape From New York
Jaws
American Graffitti
The Shootist
Tombstone
Bullitt
The Count of Monte Cristo (caviezel)
The Exorcist
Planet of the Apes (original)
Soylent Green
Rollerball (original)
The Shining
Gone in 60 Seconds (original)
The Howling

Any thoughts for additions as well as any suggestions for finding them? I have no problem getting them off ebay, but I really do want ones that are of good quality, printed on quality paper. Framing them all will be way too expensive, so I'm hoping by getting better than average quality, I can put them in something cheaper but still display nicely.

I'd appreciate any input.

Thank you
Andretti

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
My "go to" movie poster website is www.movieposter.com. They have an incredible selection of originals and reprints. It's really easy to see the variations in posters for a given movie (teaser/advance, release, international release, etc.) The condition of the posters is very well-documented and their service has been fantastic with every order I have made over the years.

I currently have several of these "snap-lock" frames (black, standard bezel thickness) that are mounted to the wall and snap open for easy swapping of posters. These are a tad pricey, but I love them. They are affixed firmly to the wall and look nice. The posters do exhibit some waviness under the frames - I think this may be unavoidable unless you actually mount the poster to foam core or something, which may adversely affect the value if you're a collector.

I've been meaning to find some time to build a DIY lightbox (or 3) since many of my posters are original and double-sided. That really makes the posters pop and would be a stunning upgrade for any HT, IMO.

My current poster lineup consists of:
Wall E adv/orig
Spider-Man adv/orig
Pulp Fiction release/reprint
Apollo 13 adv/reprint

I also have a framed, autographed Dark Knight advance poster.

As you can tell, I often find the advance/teaser posters for films to be much more interesting than the general release poster. I've also picked up copies of posters for movies I didn't much care for because the poster is really pretty cool. My advance original for Peter Jackson's King Kong is a really nice-looking poster, even though I didn't care for the movie (same goes for that 4th Indiana Jones movie...).

I have lots of others that I've collected over the years going back to my days of working in a theater in the early to mid-90's. I wish I had more wall space...

They definitely add to the home theater experience. Have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks