What's new

Economy In-Ceiling Speakers for Atmos (1 Viewer)

jksaabh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Aty
Hey folks,
I have a Klipsch Reference II 5.2 setup, and wanted to add four ceiling speakers to achieve an Atmos setup. Problem is, I don't have the budget to buy the Klipsch Reference in-ceiling speakers so am looking to more economical options. The two that I found are the Monoprice 8-inch Kevlar PID4104 (80W, Frequency Response 43 Hz - 20 kHz) and the Micca M-8C 8" (100W, Frequency Response: 40Hz - 20kHz). I'm leaning towards the later as it has the pivoting 1" dome tweeter, plus has very good reviews on Amazon.

Has anyone used either of these speakers, preferably in an atmos setup? I really appreciate your inputs.

Thanks.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Since Atmos is so new I bet no one has used them that way. I would look for any "generic" reviews. They will probably perform similar when used for Atmos.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Look up the efficiency of your current speakers.I wouldn't buy anything more than 4db less efficient for the ceiling. The typical place those go, compared to properly* placed 5/7.0 portion, means 4db variation will still still keep power requirements about the same.*Properly meaning you are equidistant from your current 5(or at most, 60/40 split). And basing this on 8 foot ceiling. The ceiling speakers are 4-7 feet away. The rest of the 5/7 are 8-13 away.Your specific room setup will allow a wider or narrower efficiency difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks