What's new

need info. newbie in home theater (1 Viewer)

johnelway

Auditioning
Real Name
jeremie
Hi, im totaly new inft the home theater world. Can you help me?I have an offer for an old panasonic pt-ae1000 projector for a cheap price. 500$ cad for projector + extra lamp new. Plus the screen, a luma draper 82" width. It is a good deal. How this projector compare to new model like epson 3020? Thanks for your help. Can i hope to get similar image quality?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Only if the lamp is OE and the screen is fine.Light controlled room?Attempting this in a living room with tons of outside light?How big is the room?How big an image you want?Seating distance?

johnelway

Auditioning
Real Name
jeremie
oem lamp as 1200 hours but extra is brand new oem.
screen will be installed in my basement with only one little windows closed by a opaque curtain.

room is about 15 by 25 feet. will setup the projector at optimal distance for best picture.
screen has 95" diagonal.

i want to know if the image can be comparable to a new 3020 or it's really not the same quality?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
No. Not comparable. That wasn't even "state of the art" in 2006. It was a good projector. It is a middling projector now.JVC and Sony of that era have a hard time commanding $1000 used. And they were $10k and up.But. If you only have that budget, sure. In another year when you want better...you can probably resell that projector for $400.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Depending "which" Draper Luma(Draper is the brand, Luma the model)...those are new for $100.Which aspect ratio? (Comes in 4 ratios)Which fabric? (Depending on ratio, 2 to 4)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks