What's new

Universal Horror reissues. (1 Viewer)

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I noticed recently that Universal is reissuing the Legacy box sets, as single sided discs. They are also releasing a 30 disc set which combines the Legacy editions with some Abbott And Costello horror related titles. Anyone here think we'll see these sets on Blu-ray soon? I was thinking about replacing my undependable two -sided disc sets with the new ones, but it occurred to me that I should wait , because they may be coming out on Blu-ray. I believe that Universal mentioned a possible Sci Fi Blu-ray box set for this fall, but there hasn't been any news on that lately.
While on the subject of Universal, I wish they would release the rest of their 1930's and 40's horror titles which made up the Shock Theater , and Son of Shock packages . A mega box set would be nice!

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Dammit, how many times am I going to buy these films? I knew about the gigantic DVD set, but I wasn't aware that the Legacy sets were getting a new release.... with the Abbott and Costello films included, no less. Ugh.

I have the original DVD releases, the double-feature sequel DVDs and the Legacy sets, plus the (wonderful) blu-ray set. I managed to rip copies of the Legacy-exclusive films (House of Dracula, the Invisible Man sequels and the Creature sequels) before those double-sided discs went bad, so I guess I have all 30 films already.

But will I buy the mega-set? I'd love to say no, but....

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Methinks this thread was posted in the wrong forum... ;)

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Craig Beam said:
Dammit, how many times am I going to buy these films? I knew about the gigantic DVD set, but I wasn't aware that the Legacy sets were getting a new release.... with the Abbott and Costello films included, no less. Ugh.

I have the original DVD releases, the double-feature sequel DVDs and the Legacy sets, plus the (wonderful) blu-ray set. I managed to rip copies of the Legacy-exclusive films (House of Dracula, the Invisible Man sequels and the Creature sequels) before those double-sided discs went bad, so I guess I have all 30 films already.

But will I buy the mega-set? I'd love to say no, but....
Apparently , these Legacy sets have more films . For example The Wolfman Edition now includes the House of Frankenstein, Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman, House Of Dracula , and A & C Meet Frankenstein plus the original 4 films . Each of the collections are more complete with some duplication from collection to collection. Check out the listings at Critics Choice Video for details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks