What's new

Which sub to add to paradigm 9 V 7 (1 Viewer)

Mighty Mouse

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe
I have a Nad 748 AVR running a pair of Paradigm monitor 9 series 7 towers. I'm looking to add a sub for movies and music. 350 sq foot basement . Thank you.

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Welcome to the forum Joe :)$500 is usually entry level for subs that have significant output below 20 Hz. Not so important in music as it is home theater applications. SVS, Hsu and Outlaw (Hsu designed) are my favorites.

Mighty Mouse

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe
Ty, thank you for welcoming me to the forum. I am new to all this and sorry for not including my budget. However your reply was helpful! I do only wanna spend between $500 and $600. I'm leaning towards a SVS PB 1000. Do u think it will be enough bass to match the Monitor 9 V 7. Thanks again

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Your requirements for a sub are determined by your room size and budget. Regardless of your choice in sub it will match any speaker you own. You have a good sized room but that SVS will be a fine choice and should serve nicely. Study this:http://www.audioholics.com/home-theater-connection/subwoofer-placement-guidelinesif youre unfamiliar with set up and tweaks. Remember its not all about the gear and specs. Proper set up and placement is important, especially for subs.

Janna@AVX

Auditioning
Real Name
Janna
If you want to get outrageous than do the JL Audio Gotham dual 13.5 for $12,000. If you need to be more realistic than we recommend the 10" 300 watt Martin Logan that is $695. You could also look into the Monitor Audio BXW10 for $629.00. It has a C-CAM long throw sub base driver, 200 Watt Amp, and goes down to 27Hz.

Answered by:
Robert Lewis
President AV Excellence
www.myavx.com

Mighty Mouse

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe
Thank you very much everyone for the replies....even u shan1269. Lol!I've narrowed down my choice to either a SVS PB 1000 or a paradigm DSP 3100. Any thoughts would be appreciated.Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks