-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Bronco: The Complete First Season from WAC in July or sooner

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 of 25 ChrisALM

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor

• 537 posts

Posted August 01 2014 - 11:18 AM

I noticed there is a preview for next week's Bronco episode on the the third season 3 episode of Sugarfoot. Nice!

#22 of 25 Bob Gu

Bob Gu

Supporting Actor

• 584 posts

Posted August 04 2014 - 05:19 AM

I actually think it is fun to spot when Warner Brothers reuses movie scripts again for their TV shows.

The Bronco episode, "Riding Solo", is a reworking of the Randolph Scott movie, "RIDING SHOTGUN".
  • Randy Korstick likes this

#23 of 25 Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,342 posts

Posted August 04 2014 - 05:58 AM

Got my copy on Friday and watched the first episode. I like the show already. Looking forward to finally seeing this series for the first time.

...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#24 of 25 Dan McW

Dan McW

Second Unit

• 335 posts

Posted August 04 2014 - 01:17 PM

I actually think it is fun to spot when Warner Brothers reuses movie scripts again for their TV shows.

The Bronco episode, "Riding Solo", is a reworking of the Randolph Scott movie, "RIDING SHOTGUN".

Burt Kennedy directed four of the final Lawman episodes. At least two were reworkings of his film scripts. The episode "Sunday" was a condensed version of Ride Lonesome, and "The Wanted Man" was (I'm pretty sure) a remake of WB's Fort Dobbs. Ride Lonesome was a Columbia film but was redone as a Lawman ep anyway.

Incidentally, you can always spot a Burt Kennedy script because there's sure to be an exchange like the following in it:

-- "I did it." "Did you?"

-- "There's someone there." "Is there?"

-- "I've known him a long time." "Have you?"

#25 of 25 Bob Gu

Bob Gu

Supporting Actor

• 584 posts

Posted August 04 2014 - 01:51 PM

"Sometimes there's a problem a man can't just ride around.".... "He's making the hill harder to climb".

Burt Kennedy was a great recycler.  He uses some of his Randolph Scott western dialog in the episodes of COMBAT! he wrote and or directed.  And the Billy and Littlejohn characters in Combat! were similer to the young gun characters in his Scott westerns, like RIDE LONESOME and COMANCHE STATION.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users