What's new

Bronco: The Complete First Season from WAC in July or sooner (1 Viewer)

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I noticed there is a preview for next week's Bronco episode on the the third season 3 episode of Sugarfoot. Nice!

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
I actually think it is fun to spot when Warner Brothers reuses movie scripts again for their TV shows.The Bronco episode, "Riding Solo", is a reworking of the Randolph Scott movie, "RIDING SHOTGUN".

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Got my copy on Friday and watched the first episode. I like the show already. Looking forward to finally seeing this series for the first time.

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Bob Gu said:
I actually think it is fun to spot when Warner Brothers reuses movie scripts again for their TV shows.The Bronco episode, "Riding Solo", is a reworking of the Randolph Scott movie, "RIDING SHOTGUN".
Burt Kennedy directed four of the final Lawman episodes. At least two were reworkings of his film scripts. The episode "Sunday" was a condensed version of Ride Lonesome, and "The Wanted Man" was (I'm pretty sure) a remake of WB's Fort Dobbs. Ride Lonesome was a Columbia film but was redone as a Lawman ep anyway.

Incidentally, you can always spot a Burt Kennedy script because there's sure to be an exchange like the following in it:

-- "I did it." "Did you?"

-- "There's someone there." "Is there?"

-- "I've known him a long time." "Have you?"

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
"Sometimes there's a problem a man can't just ride around.".... "He's making the hill harder to climb".

Burt Kennedy was a great recycler. He uses some of his Randolph Scott western dialog in the episodes of COMBAT! he wrote and or directed. And the Billy and Littlejohn characters in Combat! were similer to the young gun characters in his Scott westerns, like RIDE LONESOME and COMANCHE STATION.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
According to Classicflix BRONCO: The Complete Third Season is arriving. It's at Classicflix on Feb 10th 2015.

Bronco may be showing up first at the Warner Archive itself, this week or next.

Season Three of BRONCO only had 10 episodes, since it rotated with 13 episodes of Cheyenne Season Five, and 9 episodes of SUGARFOOT Season Four as the CHEYENNE SHOW during the 1960-61 season. (Bronco Season Four will be 18 episodes.)

http://classicflix.com/bronco-complete-third-season-warner-archive-p-15498.html

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Importcds.com is showing a Feb. 3rd release date for Bronco S-3.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks