Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

HD TV Programs Not On Blu-Ray

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 of 25 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,394 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 08:21 AM

I'll +1 Bill's picks, and add that Syfy is crazy not to offer most of their current shows like Warehouse 13 in blu.

#22 of 25 OFFLINE   Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?

• 1,343 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Florida

Posted March 27 2014 - 01:04 PM

I see Season Two of Longmire is coming out... not in Blu-ray. Sigh. Good show. Great Santa Fe scenery (but not so much in SD).

#23 of 25 OFFLINE   ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,504 posts

Posted August 03 2014 - 10:21 AM

While I don't currently own the set, Flashpoint has been completely released on Blu-ray in Germany.  Unfortunately, the same can't be said (yet, I hope) for Burn Notice or The Unit.  I hope also White Collar, once the sixth and final season is wrapped, will get unstalled.

Others absent entirely on my wish list:

Numb3rs

Psych (I'll rebuy up to Season 7)

Friday Night Lights (only if the music is fully restored/includes the longer DirecTV cuts)

Jericho (I have Season 2 on DVD and would definitely purchase Season 1 IF the music is fully restored.)

Life on Mars (US)

Corner Gas (especially Season 3 as the DVD is non-anamorphic)
Jamie Oliver (There are a few shows of his I like to have in HD.)

#24 of 25 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,537 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted August 03 2014 - 11:38 AM

HD shows not on BD is one of the reasons I went region free DVD ages ago.

Scaled 576 looks so much better.

#25 of 25 OFFLINE   jcroy

jcroy

Screenwriter

• 1,028 posts

Posted August 03 2014 - 01:41 PM

(On a tangential rant).

At this point, I'm pretty much "burned out" on tv on dvd/bluray.  (More generally, "burned out" on dvd/bluray overall).

I'm not going to bother buying any new shows on dvd/bluray, unless the show is really compelling to me.  The recent batch of (loosely) sci-fi/fantasy shows on bluray has been rather lackluster, such as:  "Under The Dome", Defiance, "Falling Skies", Revolution, Helix, etc ...

For some better written/produced shows I've been watching like Continuum, Orphan Black, The Americans, etc ..., I have largely turned down the bluray sets, due to a lack of rewatch value of such shows.  I've watched these shows in day long marathons, where I found it wasn't as good the third or fourth time watching the same episodes.

Going forward, I'm probably just going to pick up the remaining seasons of shows I have previous seasons of, to my satisfaction (not absolutely).  If I'm going to "double dip" and buy the bluray versions of stuff I already have, it will probably be mostly stuff from the bargain bin.

In terms of bluray tv season sets, I don't have much on my list of possible buys:

Hawaii Five-0 - seasons 2 and 3.

Spartacus - seasons 1 and 2.

Cinemax's Strike Back - seasons 2 to 4.  (The show ends next year, so I may very well hold out for a possible "complete series" bluray set).

For current ongoing tv shows, I currently only buy two shows:  "Person of Interest" (bluray) and "House of Lies" (dvd).

Other shows which I'll eventually get around to "completing" the dvd sets, are shows like:

- The Mentalist

- Psych

- the original Mission Impossible

- Eureka

- Warehouse 13

- Starsky & Hutch

- Dallas

- etc ...

There's numerous other current shows I would like to finish watching eventually, such as:  Rizzoli and Isles, White Collar, The Good Wife, Elementary, NCIS: Los Angeles, etc ... So far I haven't purchased any of these shows on dvd (or bluray), and I see no point in buying more dvd season sets when I already have a huge backlog of unwatched dvd/bluray tv season sets.  If and when I come back to these shows at a future date, most likely the dvd seasons sets will already be $10 (or less) bargain bin fodder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users