What's new

International DUNE 1985 EXTENDED VERSION (1 Viewer)

Ernest

Supporting Actor
The Extended version of David Lynch's DUNE can be purchased on Blu-ray from Amazon.de (Germany). A WORD OF CAUTION. The Blu-ray if formatted for TV 1:33 x 1 when displayed on HD TV's pillar bars appear on the right and left hand sides of the screen. It looks more cropped than pan'n scan. Also the cover describes the video in 1080P. This is false I believe the video is 1080i/50 because I loaned the Blu-ray to my brother and it would not play in his region A players. The Blu-ray played perfectly in my region-free players.

For now hold on to your DVD of the extended version at least it is formatted correctly. Maybe someday the extended version will be released in region A in the proper format on Blu-ray. The German version in 1:33 x 1 is a waste of money.

51jQX80T6ML._AA160_.jpg

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
That's too bad. The Region-A Extended DVD was a DVD-18 flipper disc which had a history of freezing up at the layer change.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks