What's new

USHE Announcement: Rooster Cogburn (1975) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Headline Date: TBA Release Date: 4/1/2014 ROOSTER COGBURN Product Source: Theatrical Theatrical Studio: Universal Theatrical Release: 10/17/1975 Synopsis: Two of the most popular stars in movie history are brought together for the first time in Rooster Cogburn, the adventure-filled follow-up to True Grit. The legendary John Wayne reprises his role of the eye-patched, whiskey-guzzling U.S. Deputy Marshal that won him an Academy Award. Katharine Hepburn joins him as Eula Goodnight, a missionary who pairs up with the grizzled gunfighter to avenge the death of her father. While in pursuit of the outlaws, a tenderhearted relationship develops between the rough-and-tumble lawman and the flinty reverend's daughter as they join forces to secure justice in the untamed west. Blu-ray Widescreen (61131024) : Disc 1 (Side A) Format: Blu-ray UPC: 0-2519-22256-7-3 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 4/1/2014 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 1 Hour 48 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: BD-50 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case Layers: Single Audio: English DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Mono French European DTS Digital Surround 2.0 Mono Subtitles: English SDH Edition: - Picture: Widescreen Version: Blu-ray + DIGITAL HD with UltraViolet Color/B&W COLOR Rating: PG CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: • Digital Copy of Rooster Cogburn (Subject to expiration. Go to NBCUCodes.com for details.) • Includes UltraViolet (Subject to expiration. Go to NBCUCodes.com for details.) • Theatrical Trailer DVD Widescreen (61020170) : Disc 1 (Side A) Format: DVD UPC: 0-2519-20170-2-5 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: Street Date: 5/9/2010 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 1 Hour 48 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: DVD-5 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case Layers: Single Audio: English Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono French Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono Spanish Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono Subtitles: English SDH Spanish Edition: - Picture: Widescreen Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: PG CARA Rating: [deleted] Bonus Features: • Production Notes • Cast and Filmmakers • Theatrical Trailer

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I'm very pleased to see Universal start to move on their John Wayne titles.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Preorder today. Amazon preorder prices tend to go up after initial posting.

Last edited by a moderator:

fdabbott

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Doug
Headline Date: TBA Release Date: 4/1/2014 ROOSTER COGBURN Product Source: Theatrical Theatrical Studio: Universal Theatrical Release: 10/17/1975 Synopsis: Two of the most popular stars in movie history are brought together for the first time in Rooster Cogburn, the adventure-filled follow-up to True Grit. The legendary John Wayne reprises his role of the eye-patched, whiskey-guzzling U.S. Deputy Marshal that won him an Academy Award. Katharine Hepburn joins him as Eula Goodnight, a missionary who pairs up with the grizzled gunfighter to avenge the death of her father. While in pursuit of the outlaws, a tenderhearted relationship develops between the rough-and-tumble lawman and the flinty reverend's daughter as they join forces to secure justice in the untamed west. Blu-ray Widescreen (61131024) : Disc 1 (Side A) Format: Blu-ray UPC: 0-2519-22256-7-3 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 4/1/2014 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 1 Hour 48 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: BD-50 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case Layers: Single Audio: English DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Mono French European DTS Digital Surround 2.0 Mono Subtitles: English SDH Edition: - Picture: Widescreen Version: Blu-ray + DIGITAL HD with UltraViolet Color/B&W COLOR Rating: PG CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: • Digital Copy of Rooster Cogburn (Subject to expiration. Go to NBCUCodes.com for details.) • Includes UltraViolet (Subject to expiration. Go to NBCUCodes.com for details.) • Theatrical Trailer DVD Widescreen (61020170) : Disc 1 (Side A) Format: DVD UPC: 0-2519-20170-2-5 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: Street Date: 5/9/2010 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 1 Hour 48 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: DVD-5 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case Layers: Single Audio: English Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono French Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono Spanish Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono Subtitles: English SDH Spanish Edition: - Picture: Widescreen Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: PG CARA Rating: [deleted] Bonus Features: • Production Notes • Cast and Filmmakers • Theatrical Trailer
Great news, while not as good as John Wayne's True Grit it is entertaining and very watchable. Anyway, anything is better than the remake of True Grit, what a piece of garbage that was.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Great news, while not as good as John Wayne's True Grit it is entertaining and very watchable. Anyway, anything is better than the remake of True Grit, what a piece of garbage that was.
After trashing the True Grit remake in its own thread, you resurrected an eight and a half year old thread on another movie just to complain the True Grit remake here too?

fdabbott

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Doug
Yes, you are right, I did. I think the remake of True Grit was one of the worst films ever made and it can't be stated enough times. It was pure garbage.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Yes, you are right, I did. I think the remake of True Grit was one of the worst films ever made and it can't be stated enough times. It was pure garbage.
I very rarely watch re-makes of films that are very good. I haven't seen the remake of True Grit, or Psycho or 3.10 To Yuma or The Magnificent Seven. However, to assert that "the remake of True Grit was one of the worst films ever made" sounds pretty silly to me. In the '30 and '40s, innumerable B feature films were astonishingly bad and many main features were too. In my early days of catching up with old movies, I saw some of these films and I used to shake my head in disbelief that anyone making such a film could have believed they were producing something fit for a paying audience.

The idea that the remake of True Grit is as bad as these deservedly forgotten old movies is simply not plausible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks