Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

SINBAD SELLING FAST

Twilight Time

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 of 54 OFFLINE   JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,728 posts

Posted February 21 2014 - 12:35 PM

Wow, there are a lot more sell-outs than I remember.  Even more surprising is that both format editions of The Egyptian sold out.  Sweet!

Coincidentally, I got every single one of these OOP titles w/o having to pay eBay prices (minus The Egyptian DVD)

#42 of 54 OFFLINE   ROclockCK

ROclockCK

Screenwriter

• 1,175 posts
  • LocationHigh Country, Alberta, Canada

Posted February 21 2014 - 01:37 PM

One of the eye-opening aspects of that list is how the reality of TT's sellouts flies in the face of conventional assumptions. To many, those top 4 zippy sellouts of 80s/90s Horror titles have skewed their perception somewhat. However, in reality, the majority of TTs sellouts have just been slower and steadier, and about equally distributed among the 50s (5), 60s (3), and 70s (3). 

#43 of 54 OFFLINE   Kyrsten Brad

Kyrsten Brad

Supporting Actor

• 542 posts
  • LocationMerritt Island, Florida

Posted February 22 2014 - 01:27 AM

Oh how I wish that Twilight Time would (or could) do some reprints for their hottest titles.  Yes I know about their contractual agreements with the studios and all.  But if they have a hot potato like Christine or the Sinbad movies, would it be in everybody's best interest for a re-issue? 

Just my two million dollars worth, in counterfeit 10s & 20s.

#44 of 54 OFFLINE   Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 1,903 posts

Posted February 22 2014 - 01:36 AM

Oh how I wish that Twilight Time would (or could) do some reprints for their hottest titles.  Yes I know about their contractual agreements with the studios and all.  But if they have a hot potato like Christine or the Sinbad movies, would it be in everybody's best interest for a re-issue? 

Just my two million dollars worth, in counterfeit 10s & 20s.

I'm quite sure that Sony and Fox study Twilight Time's sales figures and make a heavily underlined note of which titles sell out. When the three year period has elapsed, Sony and Fox can decide what they want to do with those titles: release them themselves or re-new the arrangement with Twilight Time . . . or perhaps with someone else.

• ahollis likes this

#45 of 54 OFFLINE   Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?

• 1,337 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Florida

Posted February 22 2014 - 10:40 AM

I never noticed The Flim-Flam Man was TT, but wondered why it was so pricey. Hopefully, a Blu-ray version, because I missed the boat on that DVD and, if you haven't seen it, it's a great con movie (and one I enjoyed far more than The Sting).

#46 of 54 OFFLINE   ROclockCK

ROclockCK

Screenwriter

• 1,175 posts

Posted February 22 2014 - 12:49 PM

TT has already confirmed that some of their early DVD-only titles will be getting Blu-ray editions Wayne...the first one being Fate is the Hunter, coming in May*. They are also rumoured to be considering a Blu-ray version of Violent Saturday, although their DVD of that title has not sold out yet, so that might not surface for awhile. As for The Flim-Flam Man, no hints so far regarding a Blu-ray, but with 3000 DVDs selling out in less than a year and a half, I'd be surprised if they don't eventually run with it.

* Together with Brian Jamieson's superb biography of Nancy Kwan To Whom it May Concern: Ka'Shen's Journey.

#47 of 54 OFFLINE   Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?

• 1,337 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Florida

Posted February 22 2014 - 01:30 PM

Thanks for that info, Steve. Michael Sarrazin... he was primed to be a big star when he played opposite George C. Scott in Flim Flam Man. And it looks like he kept busy until he died a couple years ago, but never the blaze that the early 70's promised with this film,  They Shoot Horses Don't They? with Jane Fonda and Sometimes a Great Notion opposite Paul Newman.

#48 of 54 OFFLINE   ROclockCK

ROclockCK

Screenwriter

• 1,175 posts

Posted February 22 2014 - 02:00 PM

One Michael Sarrazin title that has really fallen through the cracks on home video (both DVD and Blu-ray) is The Reincarnation of Peter Proud. Not clear who currently owns the North American rights to that one, or the state of its elements, but it does have a Jerry Goldsmith score which intrigues me...

#49 of 54 OFFLINE   Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 1,903 posts

Posted February 22 2014 - 02:08 PM

One Michael Sarrazin title that has really fallen through the cracks on home video (both DVD and Blu-ray) is The Reincarnation of Peter Proud. Not clear who currently owns the North American rights to that one, or the state of its elements, but it does have a Jerry Goldsmith score which intrigues me...

I saw The Reincarnation of Peter Proud when it first came out but I can't remember a thing about the film. In other words, It isn't memorable! 

#50 of 54 OFFLINE   David_B_K

David_B_K

Advanced Member

• 1,550 posts

Posted February 22 2014 - 02:55 PM

I saw The Reincarnation of Peter Proud when it first came out but I can't remember a thing about the film. In other words, It isn't memorable!

I don't know that i need to own it, but I do still remember it from a viewing when it first came out. At the time, there were lots of stories floating around about how people under hypnosis could recall 'past lives' when they were somebody else. The premise was that the titular character had been someone else in a past life. I also remember the lovely Jennifer O'Neill in the film. Michael Sarrazin was in a lot of films at that time.

#51 of 54 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,841 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted February 22 2014 - 04:41 PM

One Michael Sarrazin title that has really fallen through the cracks on home video (both DVD and Blu-ray) is The Reincarnation of Peter Proud. Not clear who currently owns the North American rights to that one, or the state of its elements, but it does have a Jerry Goldsmith score which intrigues me...

It was produced by Bing Crosby Productions and Cinerama. It was released by AIP to Theatres. Vestron released it on VHS. So it's anyone's guess who has it now but I bet on Paramount. Can you hear us Olive?

#52 of 54 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,456 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted February 22 2014 - 05:34 PM

It was produced by Bing Crosby Productions and Cinerama. It was released by AIP to Theatres. Vestron released it on VHS. So it's anyone's guess who has it now but I bet on Paramount. Can you hear us Olive?

Not a great film, but a fine one, with some nicely atmospheric location shooting in New England,  I always enjoy  it when I can (rarely) catch it.  Would LOVE a blu (or even a dvd) release of it.

#53 of 54 OFFLINE   JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,728 posts

Posted February 22 2014 - 05:56 PM

If Vestron released it, it's almost certainly owned by Lionsgate now.

#54 of 54 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,841 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted February 22 2014 - 11:15 PM

If Vestron released it, it's almost certainly owned by Lionsgate now.

Not necessarily, they released many BCP films during the 70's which now reside with other companies. They just had a license agreement for a period of time. I think Paramount now controls the title.
  • JoHud likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Twilight Time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users