What's new

SINBAD SELLING FAST (1 Viewer)

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
LouA said:
I missed out on these. Nobody's fault but mine - I just waited too long to order. I wonder if they'll ever be issued again on Bluray?
nealg said:
Eye of the Tiger is still available at the moment.
Also, have you tried the TCM website? They usually have them in stock a little longer there.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Craig S said:
Seconded. Sony/TT/Criterion... somebody make this happen!
I've no evidence, but I suspect TT will give us the final two Columbia Harryhausen titles eventually (FIRST MEN IN THE MOON and THE 3 WORLDS OF GULLIVER). Then it will be up to Warner Bros. and Fox to complete the Harryhausen titles on Blu: VALLEY OF GWANGI, MIGHTY JOE YOUNG, ONE MILLION YEARS B.C. - the latter of which could also possibly come from TT.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
JohnMor said:
Also, have you tried the TCM website? They usually have them in stock a little longer there.
I DID order Eye Of The Tiger from SAT. I found Golden Voyage at Movies Unlimited -$40.00, but I ordered it anyway. I'm looking forward to gettting both of these. The reviews have been uniformly excellant , and I thought the DVD versions were just "okay". I'm hoping TT releases Gulliver and First Men In the Moon soon.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
My brother invited me over to watch both Sinbad movies. We had a great time, and my nephews also really liked them(9, and 11). The picture quality was outstanding. I think I actually like 'Eye Of The Tiger' a tad more, than "The Golden Voyage'. But maybe that is because I've always had a weakness for Jane Seymour :) ....not that there is anything wrong with Caroline Munroe.
Anyway, My brother and I grew up with these movies, and we are both happy to own them.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
LouA said:
I DID order Eye Of The Tiger from SAT. I found Golden Voyage at Movies Unlimited -$40.00, but I ordered it anyway. I'm looking forward to gettting both of these. The reviews have been uniformly excellant , and I thought the DVD versions were just "okay". I'm hoping TT releases Gulliver and First Men In the Moon soon.
Informed by Movies Unlimited by email today that my copy of Golden Voyage is on "back order". That means I'll never recieve it . I would say that the Bluray version of this film is sold out, other than those selling it at inflated preices at Ebay and Amazon markeplace .

nealg

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Neal
Anybody who didn't get Golden Voyage in time, go to Amazon ASAP! Selling as a marketplace seller, "New," Deep Discount has 4 new copies left at the moment for $34.95 plus $3.99 shipping. Not bad.

I already checked Deep Discount's site; it's not listed there, so this is the place to get it. Also, they have SINBAD AND THE EYE OF THE TIGER through Amazon at the same price, but SAE still has that title in stock.

Don't worry, I made sure that LouA already got his copy of Golden Voyage.

Good luck!

nealg

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Neal
Deep Discount via Amazon UPDATE: The number of copies "left in stock" has been all over the place over the past few days. Disappeared completely earlier today, but now there's 20 in stock again. Is Deep Discount playing with the numbers to stimulate sales?

Anyway, they're already going for $100 from other marketplace sellers and on that auction site, so last call.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
LouA said:
Informed by Movies Unlimited by email today that my copy of Golden Voyage is on "back order". That means I'll never recieve it . I would say that the Bluray version of this film is sold out, other than those selling it at inflated preices at Ebay and Amazon markeplace .
I guess I have to wonder why any member of this forum would wait an entire month after its release to purchase this film, and then find (after numerous warnings) that it had sold out. Not a criticism, but I am curious.

nealg

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Neal
Dick said:
I guess I have to wonder why any member of this forum would wait an entire month after its release to purchase this film, and then find (after numerous warnings) that it had sold out. Not a criticism, but I am curious.
Simple answer for me, Dick. I was on the fence about buying the title, as $35 is more than I usually spend on a single film. But then, its popularity piqued my interest and I decided to take the plunge at the last minute.

Hope that satisfies your curiosity.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Dick said:
Answer: I was taking advantage of the 25% off sales several site offered, such as Critcs Choice Video , Deep Discount DVD etc . I spent several hundred dollars on DVD's during that time ,and just sort of forgot about thr TT releases.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
nealg said:
Anybody who didn't get Golden Voyage in time, go to Amazon ASAP! Selling as a marketplace seller, "New," Deep Discount has 4 new copies left at the moment for $34.95 plus $3.99 shipping. Not bad.

I already checked Deep Discount's site; it's not listed there, so this is the place to get it. Also, they have SINBAD AND THE EYE OF THE TIGER through Amazon at the same price, but SAE still has that title in stock.

Don't worry, I made sure that LouA already got his copy of Golden Voyage.

Good luck!
I wonder how or why Deep Discount had them at all. Weird.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
If anyone wants a good laugh , go to Deep Discount DVD's site and search for Golden Voyage of Sinbad on Bluray . Deep Discount failed to fullfill several orders for copies that were for sale at Amazon Markeplace very recently , but now claims to have them in stock for $9999.99 !!! What a joke .

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Either it's a joke, or they're insane. Ebay scalper prices seem quite reasonable now. ;)

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
LouA said:
If anyone wants a good laugh , go to Deep Discount DVD's site and search for Golden Voyage of Sinbad on Bluray . Deep Discount failed to fullfill several orders for copies that were for sale at Amazon Markeplace very recently , but now claims to have them in stock for $9999.99 !!! What a joke .
Brad here. Funny I come across your post today. I too have had a unfulfilled order from Deep Discouunt for "The Blue Lagoon" on Blu-Ray. The order, done thru Amazon has simply disappeared. Checked my credit union statements and Paypal, no charges. I just did a reorder from Twilight Time thru Screen Archives since they did the release. (Didn't know that TT did the Blu at the time of my Amazon order). I wanted this movie for my wife for her birthday and Valentines Day. Guess it will be a little late . Better that than never.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Just FYI, an update of TT Sellouts, listed by their duration of availability:
Christine (Blu-ray):
Feb. 15, 2013 - Feb. 15, 2013
< 1 Day (4.5 to 5 hours)
Night of the Living Dead '90 (Blu-ray):
Sept. 14, 2012 - Sept. 22, 2012
8 Days
Body Double (Blu-ray):
July 24, 2013 - Aug. 14, 2013**
18 Days**
Fright Night (Blu-ray):
Nov. 15, 2011 - Dec. 19, 2011
35 Days
The Golden Voyage of Sinbad (Blu-ray):
Nov. 20, 2013 - Jan. 20, 2014
61 Days**
Journey to the Center of the Earth (Blu-ray):
Apr. 13, 2012 - July 11, 2012
90 Days
Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger (Blu-ray):
Nov. 20, 2013 - Feb. 19, 2014
91 Days**
The Fury (Blu-ray):
Feb. 15, 2013 - Aug. 31, 2013**
190 Days**
Mysterious Island (Blu-ray):
Oct. 14, 2011 - July 13, 2012
277 Days
The Big Heat (Blu-ray):
Apr. 13, 2012 - Aug. 6, 2013
490 Days (1 year, 4 months, and 3 days)
Enemy Mine (Blu-ray):
Sept. 14, 2012 - Feb. 16, 2014
520 Days (1 year, 5 months, and 2 days) **
The Flim-Flam Man (DVD):
Aug. 9, 2011* - Jan. 23, 2013
538 Days (1 year, 5 months, and 19 days)**
Fate is the Hunter (DVD):
May. 10, 2011* - Jan. 28, 2013
625 Days (1 year, 8 months, and 14 days)*
The Egyptian (Blu-ray):
July 12, 2011* - April 25, 2013
653 Days (1 year, 9 months, and 13 days)*
The Left Hand of God (DVD):
Oct. 14, 2011 - Aug. 5, 2013**
661 Days (1 year, 9 months, and 19 days)**
The Egyptian (DVD):
July 12, 2011* - Sept. 12, 2013
794 Days (2 years, 2 months, and 1 day)**

* Calculated from Release Date. Exact Pre-Order Date Unknown, so add approximately 30 days to the date ranges shown here.

** Sell out date on SAE; residual quantities might have remained available via TCM for a period of days or weeks afterwards.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Of course, THE EGYPTIAN was the only $39 title to sell out, even while it had been released in BD at the same time in France and Denmark. Wonder how long THE VIKINGS or BARABBAS would last? Hope we get to find out.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
What helped sales of The Egyptian enormously* was that despite its premium price and existence of several alt-region releases, TT's edition featured the higher quality Fox 2010 remaster, plus the insightful Silver/Ursini Commentary, as well as TT's customary lossless IST. In this case, for core fans of this 'Scope picture, it was definitely not a level playing field worldwide...not even close.

The good news for fans of Barabbas is that it is not only large format but also from Sony, so if TT does get something fresh from Mr. Crisp's 4k hopper, it should be stunning. The Vikings would be wonderful too Ed, but I guess it depends on the best HD master available. Khartoum gives me some confidence that not all legacy MGM HD transfers are wanting...I thought that one looked damn good.

* on both Blu-ray and DVD

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks