What's new

The League - season 5 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Didn't find a thread for season 5 of The League...

Last night's episode with Seth Rogen and Rafie was hilariously fast-paced.

The episode with Jay Cutler was okay.

The first 2 episodes dealing with Andre and his impending nuptials were good.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
The first episode with "Full-Blown Ted" was hilarious. Haven't seen last night's yet, but looking forward to it as I love Rafi and Dirty Randy (assuming Rogen is playing the same character).

What was up with Ruxin not being in an entire episode?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think it's cost-cutting, like what Mad Men does with non-essential players, who aren't Don Draper. :D Expect others not to appear in full episodes going forward this season.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
That would be a shame. I thought maybe it was a scheduling conflict since Nick Kroll has his own show now.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Okay, that was bizarre...but hilarious. I'm really curious as to how this episode came to be. To not feature any of the main characters is just bizarre and I don't remember that ever being done in a television show before. I wonder if the cost cutting moves have to do with the new FXX channel?

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I may be in the minority, but I LOVE Rafi. Mantzoukas is absolutely electric in the role. So the weird, backdoor pilot-y episode was totally in my wheelhouse. I'd love to actually see this fleshed out as either a feature length movie or a half season series. I wouldn't put too much import in Rafi dying -- the entire episode was absurdist, and the only reason Rafi "died" was because it was the last thing you'd expect. In an episode where Dirty Randy steered the car while sitting on the hood, getting shot is more like a "you killed Kenny" moment than real continuity.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Rafi dying actually occurred at least another whole year in the future, which means that he can still reappear on the show in the "present"...but as pointed out above, he's fucking Rafi. He won't let himself stay dead, no matter what ("JUST LIKE A SAMURAI!!!").

Hell, I can easily see the Schaeffers simply ignoring his "death" and having him continue to show up unexpectedly with absolutely no explanation whatsoever in future seasons (continuity be damned), last week's episode being as batshit-absurdist as it was.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I am not a fan of Rafi, and hope he does not appear ever again, as I just find him very annoying. Too bad that it happened one year later, because I was hoping it would be good riddance. Rafi is the equivalent of those annoying, bandwagon Cowboy fans.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Rafi is the funniest character on the show, but I will admit I wouldn't want him to be a regular character either.

Wasn't that crazy about last night's episode. Taco was pretty funny though.

When Jenny first took her clothes off, and they showed her from behind, was that really her? It was kind of a weird cut and it didn't look like her.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
So, like one thing was watching Black Rock with 100 contrast and the other thing was...

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Not a chance that's her:

Screen-Shot-2013-10-03-at-9.50.17-AM-650x386.png

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
"Here's the thing, Mr..."

"Josh. Call me Josh."

"Okay, here's the thing Josh, I've never seen burn in on an LCD panel before, so it might be cheaper to get a replacement set than trying to fix it."

"Okay, that's what I thought. Say... do you like Gladiator films?"

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I know this was mentioned in the It's Always Sunny thread, but I thought the Flowers For Algernon reference was funnier in this show. I could not stop laughing when Taco explained "conservation of boners", in the same way as conversation of matter or energy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks