-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Blacklist Season 1

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#81 of 179 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,863 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted October 29 2013 - 06:32 PM

I didn't enjoy this week's episode as much. Red didn't have much to do except be enigmatic, and that "I'm done!" exclamation is used on every series known to man, and the audience knows it means nothing in the long run.

#82 of 179 Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,407 posts

Posted October 30 2013 - 12:46 PM

The moment where the girl (holy shit, I have no idea what her name is) turns in her husband on the phone and describes him as as "incoming client", then pauses for a long time, turns her head towards him and says, "...my husband", was perhaps the cheesiest moment in the entire season.

I never noticed how much Parminder Nagra looks like Snooki. 

#83 of 179 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,358 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted November 05 2013 - 01:41 AM

Well, they're starting to peal the onion just a bit about Reddington and probably Keen.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#84 of 179 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,665 posts

Posted November 05 2013 - 12:16 PM

Well, they're starting to peal the onion just a bit about Reddington and probably Keen.

Thank goodness!  I can't stand the suspense!!! :D

"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#85 of 179 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,863 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted November 05 2013 - 07:37 PM

The show is ALWAYS more fun with Reddington playing a major role in the investigation. Thank goodness that moment of pique has passed and we're ready to move forward.

#86 of 179 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,358 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted November 09 2013 - 09:49 AM

A DVR magnet.

http://tvbythenumber...TVbytheNumbers)

Crawdaddy

#87 of 179 Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,087 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted November 09 2013 - 06:52 PM

I was starting to drift away from the show a bit, but the subplot in Monday's episode with Reddington and the house sucked me back in. Between the flashback to the three-year-old girl playing in the backyard and the thematic linkage of the A-plot with a secret father obsessed with protecting his child, it certainly seems like the show wants you to believe Reddington is Keen's father.

#88 of 179 todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,876 posts

Posted November 10 2013 - 01:05 PM

Just read Alan Alda will be appearing on the show as a nemesis or associate of Reddingtons.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#89 of 179 Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson

Screenwriter

• 2,867 posts

Posted November 10 2013 - 06:22 PM

The best word I can think of to describe this latest episode is, well...stupid.  The stuff with Reddington and the husband's background is mildly interesting, but not enough to make me want to sit through the laughable "villain of the week" that seems to be some story concocted by a bunch of grade schoolers.

#90 of 179 schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 13,280 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted November 11 2013 - 10:24 PM

I still don't think Reddington is the father.
Maybe Reddington works for somebody "bigger"...

#91 of 179 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,358 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted November 12 2013 - 01:41 AM

Maybe Reddington works for somebody "bigger"...

If he is then the FBI is more inept than I thought of them.  That other woman he looked up could possibly be his daughter too. 

Crawdaddy

#92 of 179 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,863 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted November 12 2013 - 08:47 AM

I get a little provoked when Reddington just shows up at the airport where the perp is. I know he knows all and everything, but aren't there several private airports around New York where he might have taken off? Mightn't the one nearest Wall Street be the too obvious one to go to? (Of course, we don't know that he went to that one, but I just find our having to take for granted that Reddington is all-knowing just a bit too convenient in every episode.)

#93 of 179 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,358 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted November 12 2013 - 09:07 AM

I get a little provoked when Reddington just shows up at the airport where the perp is. I know he knows all and everything, but aren't there several private airports around New York where he might have taken off? Mightn't the one nearest Wall Street be the too obvious one to go to? (Of course, we don't know that he went to that one, but I just find our having to take for granted that Reddington is all-knowing just a bit too convenient in every episode.)

If that bothers you, how can you reconcile the federal government and agencies allowing a criminal and traitor to operate freely with their cooperation in which he continues to commit felony crimes? 

Crawdaddy

#94 of 179 schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 13,280 posts

Posted November 12 2013 - 09:10 AM

I liken Reddington to being a "dictator without a country".

Coca Cola probably allows more crime in any one day than Reddington.

#95 of 179 Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,087 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted November 12 2013 - 10:45 AM

Me either, if only because the show's being so forcefully about foreshadowing him to be. We know his daughter was three and a half the last time she was measured at the house he blew up, and we know Keen's father adopted her when she was four. Everything's so neat and tidy with Keen being Reddington's daughter that I have to believe it's a red herring.

That other woman he looked up could possibly be his daughter too.

I thought that too. I do think there has to be a personal connection of some sort between Reddington and Keen, since he obviously knew Keen's adoptive father quite well and probably got him to adopt her.

I took it more as him knowing where he'd take off from in the greater New York metropolitan area if all planes were grounded, and made a logical leap from there. Presumably when it comes to private airports, all aren't created equal when it comes to unlogged flights.

#96 of 179 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,358 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted November 12 2013 - 11:24 AM

One thing to remember is that Reddington might have more than just one daughter.  Last week, he reference "raised my family" in the house he eventually blew up.  Somewhat awkward terminology for just one child.  I would've used the term "raised my daughter" if I only had one child.

Crawdaddy

#97 of 179 Matthew Belson_295371

Matthew Belson_295371

Extra

• 16 posts
  • LocationWashington, NJ 07882

Posted November 12 2013 - 01:17 PM

If the FBI shut down commercial air travel, how did Liz's hubby travel to Nebraska to try to see her father? They explained away Reddington's traveling via private jet, but what about Tom?

#98 of 179 schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 13,280 posts

Posted November 12 2013 - 01:29 PM

Already in the air.

I assumed they meant BWI etc only.

Shutting down the entire US would have been a bit much.

#99 of 179 Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,087 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted November 13 2013 - 01:39 PM

TVLine: NBC preempting The Blacklist on Monday, Airing more Voice

Honestly, the only logical conclusion at this point is that the NBC executives are actively trying to finish the network off once and for all. The most over-exposed show on television becomes more over-exposed, and NBC disrupts the flow of its biggest new hit to make room for a reality TV clipshow.

Between this and benching "Parks & Recreation", I'm convinced that NBC is moving toward being a network that airs nothing but The Voice 24/7/365.

#100 of 179 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,665 posts

Posted November 14 2013 - 04:38 PM

But, but, the NBC promos have been telling me this show is the break-out show of the new fall season?  Wut?

"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users