-

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

What Will Warner Archive's Next Release Be?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 of 59 Frank Soyke

Frank Soyke

Supporting Actor

• 622 posts

Posted July 02 2013 - 02:02 PM

Warner is very unpredictable in their releases, so what comes next?

My own personal guesses are that they finish Tarzan or Courtship/Eddie's Father.

I hope it's Daktari Season 3, but I kind of doubt it.

Maybe they will through in a curve ball and start a new series.

#2 of 59 JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Supporting Actor

• 817 posts

Posted July 02 2013 - 02:12 PM

Or Captain Caveman

James

#3 of 59 PODER

PODER

Stunt Coordinator

• 246 posts

Posted July 02 2013 - 02:13 PM

Were there any new releases today? It looks like the same 47 that have been up for a week. I could easily be wrong, but I'm wondering if the 4th of July falling on Thursday means either No New Releases (Holiday week) or New Releases and some sorta sale on Thursday. Ah well ... we'll find out soon.

#4 of 59 Jack P

Jack P

Screenwriter

• 2,996 posts

Posted July 02 2013 - 03:11 PM

Only a couple movie announcements.    No TV stuff.

Tarzan I don't think is going to appear until about December or so because they were slow to announce that they'd begun remastering on it.

#5 of 59 rmw650

rmw650

Supporting Actor

• 929 posts

Posted July 02 2013 - 04:48 PM

Miracle of Morgan's Creek and Anything Goes, two classic movie titles, are going to see a release soon but no new TV announcements this week.

#6 of 59 Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,388 posts

Posted July 03 2013 - 07:18 AM

I would say Courship of Eddies Father, Another Season of Cheyenne and The F.B.I. are all strong bets for this year. Daktari had Season 2 released not too long so probably not until next year. Another Season of Sugarfoot, Dr. Kildare, Alice, Eight is Enough and Tarzan are all strong posibilities. As far as new shows maybe another Warner Western or a Detective show.

...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#7 of 59 The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,119 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted July 03 2013 - 12:01 PM

I'm hoping they eventually remember they have Welcome Back, Kotter hanging around the vaults and it stalled out at retail after season 1.

#8 of 59 John Hermes

John Hermes

Supporting Actor

• 744 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa (San Diego) CA

Posted July 03 2013 - 12:16 PM

I'm hoping they eventually remember they have Welcome Back, Kotter hanging around the vaults and it stalled out at retail after season 1.

I remember the WBA rep on Facebook saying he didn't expect more Kotter.  It must not have done too well.  :-(

#9 of 59 HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,254 posts

Posted July 05 2013 - 11:32 AM

I would've thought sales numbers should matter less with MOD releases, now that they press discs with no expected time frame in mind as far as copies sold but now indefinitely available. Otherwise why go DVD-R at all and not just stick with standard DVD, it's supposed to be cheaper for them this way after all.

Some of those I'm hoping they'll get around to eventually, may fall in the less known category that's precisely why they should do them MOD being the perfect avenue. Archive releases shouldn't be a popularity contest, it should be a service for everything but mainstream titles.

Three titles I'm waiting for, The Mississippi with Ralph Waite (co-production with his own company), Kaz with Ron Leibman and King's Crossing with Linda Hamilton, would be rated rare shows undoubtedly but ideal for MOD and finding new audiences. The Waite show already with built-in audience via fans of The Waltons.

#10 of 59 Don Crouch

Don Crouch

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted July 05 2013 - 12:21 PM

Any news on Spenser: For Hire, from Archive?

#11 of 59 The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,119 posts

Posted July 05 2013 - 01:57 PM

http://www.tvshowson...-Season-2/18662

Superboy season 3 and Time Trax season 2 on the way.

No concrete dates, but they're coming.

#12 of 59 maskedmala

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator

• 151 posts

Posted July 05 2013 - 03:38 PM

I hope they will release their detectice TV series: 77 Sunset Street, Hawaiian Eye, Bourbon Street Beat and Surfside 6. I honestly think there's a big enough market for these TV series to be made on DVD

• John DeAngelis likes this

#13 of 59 JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Supporting Actor

• 817 posts

Posted July 05 2013 - 09:09 PM

WB Archives has stuff to come out for years and years and years.
I'd like to see them amp up production of their tv shows to two a week. One cartoon or rare show or "bigge" show like F.B.I. Or Alice.

Hope everyone gets something

James

#14 of 59 Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,082 posts

Posted July 13 2013 - 06:31 AM

How about Hank, Adam's Rib, The Little People, Many Happy Returns, Mr. Novak, Cain's Hundred, Sam Benedict, Temple Houston, The Dakotas, The Alaskans, The Islanders, Doc Elliot or any of the other rarities in the vaults? Probably not. Most likely continuations of series previously started.

• Richard V likes this

#15 of 59 Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,522 posts

Posted July 13 2013 - 06:44 AM

How about Hank, Adam's Rib, The Little People, Many Happy Returns, Mr. Novak, Cain's Hundred, Sam Benedict, Temple Houston, The Dakotas, The Alaskans, The Islanders, Doc Elliot or any of the other rarities in the vaults? Probably not. Most likely continuations of series previously started.

Those are all excellent choices Neil, I would have a hard time NOT purchasing most everything on that list.

See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#16 of 59 Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,388 posts

Posted July 15 2013 - 07:31 AM

I think releases for years and years is their plan. I can see the desire for faster releases but that would mean the quality would have to drop to match the speed you are suggesting. I wouldn't sacrifice the time they spend securing the original music, making sure the episodes are complete and last but not least the remastering and/or digital cleanup done on the episodes for a faster release.

WB Archives has stuff to come out for years and years and years.
I'd like to see them amp up production of their tv shows to two a week. One cartoon or rare show or "bigge" show like F.B.I. Or Alice.

Hope everyone gets something

James

• hypnohighball and Ron1973 like this
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#17 of 59 Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,082 posts

Posted July 15 2013 - 02:53 PM

Well, I can tell you for a fact that when Turner owned MGM he mastered the entire TV show library from 35mm onto 1-inch tape. Now, whether or not all of those tapes made their way intact over to Warner, I can't say. But at least as of 15 years ago everything existed in remastered and beautiful form.

#18 of 59 Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,388 posts

Posted July 25 2013 - 02:29 PM

Good News!

Cheyenne Season 6 is up for pre-order and will be released this Tuesday 7/30/13. After this theres only one more season to go so this show could be complete this year. I hope Bronco, Lawman and Colt .45 are coming up soon.

• EdG likes this

Top 20 Films

#19 of 59 The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,119 posts

Posted July 25 2013 - 03:39 PM

Speaking of being completed this year, I'm willing to bet Superboy S4 gets released to finish up the series sometime around when Man of Steel is released on DVD.

#20 of 59 Dan McW

Dan McW

Second Unit

• 335 posts

Posted July 26 2013 - 11:31 AM

Good News!

Cheyenne Season 6 is up for pre-order and will be released this Tuesday 7/30/13. After this theres only one more season to go so this show could be complete this year. I hope Bronco, Lawman and Colt .45 are coming up soon.

Will the season-six set have "A Man Called Ragan," the final episode of the season? This episode, a pilot for The Dakotas, was skipped in syndication, at least in the Encore Westerns run of the show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users