What's new

home theater (1 Viewer)

john123

Auditioning
Real Name
John
I am having 16*16 in room but i am feeling alone and boring. so i am searching best audio system for the room.
Please suggest me if anyone having some experience of home audio system.

hotrodguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cliff
And now for something completely different...

An audio system is not a decision to be made lightly, you have to decide what you will be listening to, how you want your room set up, the type of person you are (are you an audiophile, just love music or new to the hobby) and of course, budget. Once you have decided on these parameters, then we can help guide you towards the right equipment and set up for your room.

Let us know.

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
$300 on a pair of powered bookshelf monitors from monoprice or $20,000 on a pair of Steinway Lyngdor towers as suggested? There are varying degrees of performance so we'll to need to know your budget before making any real suggestions, specific room dimensions would be helpful also. Save room acoustics, speakers are the biggest factor in how your system will sound, do you have an opportunity to listen to different speakers where you live?

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Speakers:I have Paradigm on the brain as I am currently building a new system of five Studio 20s and a pair of 590 surrounds. The Paradigm Studio line is in your price range and after scouring the web Ive struggled to find a bad word about their performance or value, Im convinced theyre awesome. I would also consider Martin Logan, something from their Electro Motion or Motion Line. Ive owned their motion LX16, and they were remarkable performers, but sadly they were sold to finance other home theater improvements.I would also consider Axiom. Looks that only a mother could love but from what Ive read remarkable performance and stellar value.Subs:Internet direct will offer the best bang for the buck. Look for something with a strong amp and frequency response under 20 Hz. Hsu, Outlaw, SVS. Processor and amp:I love Marantz. Very detailed and clean sound, some of the best AVRs Ive ever owned were their 8002 and 7002 models.Quirky, and limited in connectivity, but I found the Emotiva UMC-1 to also be one of the best sounding processors Ive ever owned. I think their newest Home Theater processor is due out soon but I would certainly consider the elder UMC-1 as they can be found cheap and have excellent performance. Also check out the numerious good reviews on the UMC-200.Amps.Emotiva, very hard to beat.Obviously if you have a chance to go and listen to different products thats greatly preferred. Ive never been that lucky, living in a small town and all, so the next best thing is to start reading reviews of product lines in your price range. The net is a wealth of information.

A

Acoustic Finishes

The biggest mistake in home theater design, is not including room acoustics in the designated space.
This should take priority even over choice of components.
I know many of you are going to argue that. But, what ever system you buy, will NOT sound to it's engineered potential unless you make efforts to control the sound and inevitable standing waves in the room.
www.acousticfinishes.net is a great place to start.

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Welcome to the forum Erik. :) Im not sure I would agree that its the biggest mistake but I would agree that its the most common. I would say the biggest mistake is a lack of research, Bose success is a great example of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks