What's new

For Android Smartphone Owners Only (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Galaxy-Note-2--S3-Front_original.jpg

It's been about 8 months since I switched from an iPhone to an Android phone.

People told me I would not like my Android phone and would switch back very
shortly. A co-worker, who went to AT&T to switch from iPhone to Android was told by
the salesman that he would be unhappy.

Started with the Galaxy S3 and two months later I was the proud owner of a Galaxy Note II.

Neither my co-worker or I have looked back. We love our smartphones.

I know I talked a few people in this forum into switching. I hope my advice was
good. I am wondering how those people like their phones as they close in on a
year of ownership.

The best things I like about my android phone? Well, the screen of course.
There is nothing like browsing the web on a screen that you don't have to squint at.
I own an iPad, but never use it. That's because I seem to be satisfied with a phone
that has a large enough screen that it satisfies my tablet needs.

Love using a stylus. I don't miss putting my greasy fingers all over the phone. I use
the stylus for everything and my screen is finger-print free.

I have an extra battery so I never have to worry about my phone going dead
without a charger nearby. Never could do that on an iPhone.

I love the customization I can do on the phone. I love the fact that there are more
free (and cheaper) apps available than there were in the Apple App Store.

In all, this has been the best phone I have ever owned. Very tough for me to put
Apple down, but this is one area that they have been unable to keep me as a customer.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Even though I "cheaped out" and bought the LG L9, I can say I'm glad I didn't go iphone.Sure I "miss" MHL and network mirroring(it does have mirroring with LG TVs)...But I paid less than $100.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Ive been Android for 5 years now (or there abouts ).

I regularly use a Motorola Razr and loved it until I tried a Samsung Note which I purchased unlocked so I can use on my international travels. The Samsung is so much more responsive with no lag for action photos etc. I also really like the extra screen size. The Razr is still my primary phone and will be switching to the Note 2 (or hopefully Note 3) as soon as my contract allows me to.

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
I got rid of my iPhone 2 years ago and have never looked back. I currently have a note 2 and love it. Running a custom ROM,
phone runs great and battery last 2 days. Best phone out there IMO.

Im due for an upgrade in June, but am going to hold off until the Note 3 arrives.

I never subscribed to the Apple way of thinking, "Do it our way, its better". Its my phone/pc and want to do it my way.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I've had an Android phone for a few years (upgraded from a Motorola Triumph to a Samsung Victory last month). Last Black Friday, my family convinced me to buy them an iPad. The iPad is nice, but iOS is a complete joke compared to Android. The only reason I don't regret buying an Android tablet instead is because I have access to some cool board game conversions that are only available on iOS.

I will probably never buy another Apple product.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I'm happy with the gs3 that my wife and I got last September, although....I'm now on my third one and my wife her second.My screen cracked twice, once while in a thick case the other because i dropped a heavy tool on it.Wife exchanged hers last week because it was overheating and the GPS didn't work anymore.She would prefer to go back to an iPhone.I'll probably get a note as soon as I'm able to get a new phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks