For Android Smartphone Owners Only

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by Ronald Epstein, May 20, 2013.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Galaxy-Note-2--S3-Front_original.jpg

It's been about 8 months since I switched from an iPhone to an Android phone.

People told me I would not like my Android phone and would switch back very
    shortly. A co-worker, who went to AT&T to switch from iPhone to Android was told by
    the salesman that he would be unhappy.

Started with the Galaxy S3 and two months later I was the proud owner of a Galaxy Note II.

Neither my co-worker or I have looked back. We love our smartphones.

I know I talked a few people in this forum into switching. I hope my advice was
    good. I am wondering how those people like their phones as they close in on a
    year of ownership.

The best things I like about my android phone? Well, the screen of course.
    There is nothing like browsing the web on a screen that you don't have to squint at.
    I own an iPad, but never use it. That's because I seem to be satisfied with a phone
    that has a large enough screen that it satisfies my tablet needs.

Love using a stylus. I don't miss putting my greasy fingers all over the phone. I use
    the stylus for everything and my screen is finger-print free.

I have an extra battery so I never have to worry about my phone going dead
    without a charger nearby. Never could do that on an iPhone.

I love the customization I can do on the phone. I love the fact that there are more
    free (and cheaper) apps available than there were in the Apple App Store.

In all, this has been the best phone I have ever owned. Very tough for me to put
    Apple down, but this is one area that they have been unable to keep me as a customer.

2. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Even though I "cheaped out" and bought the LG L9, I can say I'm glad I didn't go iphone.Sure I "miss" MHL and network mirroring(it does have mirroring with LG TVs)...But I paid less than $100.

3. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    Ive been Android for 5 years now (or there abouts ).

I regularly use a Motorola Razr and loved it until I tried a Samsung Note which I purchased unlocked so I can use on my international travels. The Samsung is so much more responsive with no lag for action photos etc. I also really like the extra screen size. The Razr is still my primary phone and will be switching to the Note 2 (or hopefully Note 3) as soon as my contract allows me to.

4. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
  5. EarleD

EarleD Supporting Actor

I got rid of my iPhone 2 years ago and have never looked back. I currently have a note 2 and love it. Running a custom ROM,
    phone runs great and battery last 2 days. Best phone out there IMO.

Im due for an upgrade in June, but am going to hold off until the Note 3 arrives.

I never subscribed to the Apple way of thinking, "Do it our way, its better". Its my phone/pc and want to do it my way.

6. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    I've had an Android phone for a few years (upgraded from a Motorola Triumph to a Samsung Victory last month). Last Black Friday, my family convinced me to buy them an iPad. The iPad is nice, but iOS is a complete joke compared to Android. The only reason I don't regret buying an Android tablet instead is because I have access to some cool board game conversions that are only available on iOS.

I will probably never buy another Apple product.

7. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    I'm happy with the gs3 that my wife and I got last September, although....I'm now on my third one and my wife her second.My screen cracked twice, once while in a thick case the other because i dropped a heavy tool on it.Wife exchanged hers last week because it was overheating and the GPS didn't work anymore.She would prefer to go back to an iPhone.I'll probably get a note as soon as I'm able to get a new phone.