Greetings! I just bought my first house, and I want some advice on setting up my home audio system. Our house is not huge - the TV room is an open room when you first walk into the house, and is connected to the dining room, which leads out to the screened patio at the rear of the house.
This is my desired outcome:
- (1) A soundbar and subwoofer in the TV room over the fireplace (we don't want multiple speakers in the room - nor does the size/layout of the room warrant surround speakers)
- (2) Two passive outdoor in-ceiling speakers on the screened patio
- We want to be able to listen to music on 1 and/or 2 when entertaining
- We want to be able to listen to the TV on 1 (including blueray, PS3, ipod, or anything else running through the receiver (see below)
- We don't necessarily need to be able to hear the TV on 1 while listening to music on 2, but if we could set it up that way it would be awesome
- Ideally, we'd like the option to be able to listen to anything running through the receiver on 1 and 2, with the option of turning off one or the other
Here is what I have so far:
- We have a Pioneer VSX-1022-K 7.1 Channel Receiver (photo of rear)
- Our TV is a Panasonic Viera TC-L55DT50 (photo of rear)
- Pioneer BDP (blueray player)
- We love the idea of being able to control this receiver and our tv with our smartphones, as well as the reciever's compatability with Airplay
- Is there an active soundbar/subwoofoer that I can connect to my Pioneer receiver to get the desired outcome OR would I need a passive soundbar/subwoofer?
- What would be the best way to connect the active soundbar/subwoofer and the two outdoor speakers OR passive soundbar/subwoofer and two oudoor speakers to get the desired outcome?
- Any recommendations on specific products to get (active or passive soundbars) or any other equipment that would result in the desired outcomes?
- Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated!!
Thanks so much in advance!