-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Shout Factory to release Vincent Price collection!

Shout Factory

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#81 of 83 JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,523 posts

Posted October 25 2013 - 12:36 AM

Having watched The Masque of the Red Death, I noticed a couple odd authoring blips near the end portions of the movie where the video somewhat glitches in a what that it appears like a wrinkle on the transfer.  Perhaps this is an error on my end?

Other than that, I greatly enjoyed this collection.  I sincerely hope Shout! considers releasing a Vol 2 with the remaining PBS Vincent Prince introductions.  It doesn't have to be all horror, just as long as we get more AIP Vincent Price.

#82 of 83 dpippel

dpippel

HTF Premium Member

• 3,128 posts

Posted October 28 2013 - 10:16 AM

I've been watching one film per evening in disc order. So far I've screened "Pit and the Pendulum", "The Masque of the Red Death", and "The Haunted Palace". I had no idea that "Palace" was based primarily on H.P. Lovecraft's "The Case of Charles Dexter Ward" and it was a pleasant discovery. This is my first viewing of any of these films and I've got to say that they're really delightful! It seems that the team of Corman/Price was very synergistic, and Mr. Price is a consummate actor. He really does elevate the proceedings here. The phrase, "The whole is greater than the sum of it's parts" really does apply IMO. While the transfers aren't perfect I think that Shout has done an admirable job and I'm glad we have these movies presented in a collection of this caliber. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the set. For $42 this title was an absolute steal! Tonight it's "The Fall of the House of Usher".

Edited by dpippel, October 28 2013 - 12:56 PM.

Careful man! There's a beverage here!

#83 of 83 JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,170 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted October 28 2013 - 12:52 PM

Just received my set today.  Will be screening up to Halloween.  Really looking forward to seeing these again.  It's been YEARS!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shout Factory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users