What's new

The Vincent Price Collection: Volume II coming from Shout/Scream Factory (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Noach Kowalski
***NEW UPCOMING RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENT ***Happy Friday the 13th everyone! We have a busy one today (Halloween Complete Collection box set art reveal at 10:31AM PDT, Night of the Demons Screening Live at 7PM PDT) but we also wanted to kick off the day right with a big title reveal. So here it is…THE VINCENT PRICE COLLECTION II Blu-ray set is now no longer a rumor and will officially arrive in October! Sales were great on the first volume (thank you!) and we are thrilled to be able to bring more of the legendary star’s films to light in HD. Titles in the set include The Last Man on Earth, The Comedy of Terrors, Dr. Phibes Rises Again, Tomb of Ligeia, The Raven, Return of the Fly and…the William Castle favorite The House on Haunted Hill.Exact street date, pre-order link and artwork will be show up sometime next month. Extras will be announced sometime later this Summer.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Keep waiting, unfortunately. That's a Sony title and, if it does come to Blu-Ray, it will likely come from Twilight Time (unless Kino Lorber has struck a deal with Sony) or Mill Creek. I would KILL for a full-fledged William Castle box-set on Blu-Ray.
Doug Otte said:
I keep waiting for The Tingler...

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
JohnMor said:
VERY excited! Day one purchase for me!! (Even though it won't have my most wanted VP title on blu: Theatre of Blood.)
If you have a multi region player you can buy that one off Amazon from the UK. ( Assuming it's region coded )

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Great. On board for this. Loved the first set. Just wish it had Theater of Blood, which got a Region B release recently. The Last Man On Earth still remains, at least as far as mood, the best adaptation of Matheson's I Am Legend. The Raven is silly fun, but how can you resist Karloff, Lorre and Price all together?

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
This is great news! I hope Shout finds the best sources for Last Man on Earth and House on Haunted Hill (both public domain titles). It's very interesting that they were able to include Return of the Fly. Here's my wish list for Volume 3: Tales of Terror, Tower of London, Master of the World, The Tingler, Dragonwyk, and Mad Magician (2D and 3D). I recently saw Theater of Blood for the first time and, although I respect many elements of it, it's just too grizzly for me.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Hollywoodaholic said:
Great. On board for this. Loved the first set. Just wish it had Theater of Blood, which got a Region B release recently. The Last Man On Earth still remains, at least as far as mood, the best adaptation of Matheson's I Am Legend. The Raven is silly fun, but how can you resist Karloff, Lorre and Price all together?
The Comedy of Terrors is even unashamedly sillier than Raven (we knew Karloff had that much of a sense of humor), and Last Man on Earth, while not flashy, keeps Richard Matheson's original twist ending that Charlton Heston and Will Smith's egos would never allow.
I recently saw Theater of Blood for the first time and, although I respect many elements of it, it's just too grizzly for me.
It's on the edge of Amer.Int'l's move to "extreme" shocks in the 70's, but it's better if you think of it as the unofficial Third Dr. Phibes movie (with Diana Rigg as Vulnavia)--
Or even as Phibes' modern-day descendant, carrying on the family habit for themed art-revenge.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
FoxyMulder said:
If you have a multi region player you can buy that one off Amazon from the UK. ( Assuming it's region coded )
Alas, I am not multi-region, and the Arrow release is region locked, as usual.

But there's still plenty to love in this set. Can't wait.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
LAST MAN ON EARTH will look excellent. MGM has a HD master ready to go (it's been on MGM HD).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks