What's new

Shout Factory to release Vincent Price collection! (1 Viewer)

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Having watched The Masque of the Red Death, I noticed a couple odd authoring blips near the end portions of the movie where the video somewhat glitches in a what that it appears like a wrinkle on the transfer. Perhaps this is an error on my end?

Other than that, I greatly enjoyed this collection. I sincerely hope Shout! considers releasing a Vol 2 with the remaining PBS Vincent Prince introductions. It doesn't have to be all horror, just as long as we get more AIP Vincent Price.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I've been watching one film per evening in disc order. So far I've screened "Pit and the Pendulum", "The Masque of the Red Death", and "The Haunted Palace". I had no idea that "Palace" was based primarily on H.P. Lovecraft's "The Case of Charles Dexter Ward" and it was a pleasant discovery. This is my first viewing of any of these films and I've got to say that they're really delightful! It seems that the team of Corman/Price was very synergistic, and Mr. Price is a consummate actor. He really does elevate the proceedings here. The phrase, "The whole is greater than the sum of it's parts" really does apply IMO. While the transfers aren't perfect I think that Shout has done an admirable job and I'm glad we have these movies presented in a collection of this caliber. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the set. For $42 this title was an absolute steal! Tonight it's "The Fall of the House of Usher".

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Just received my set today. Will be screening up to Halloween. Really looking forward to seeing these again. It's been YEARS!

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Goddamnit! Me and my slothful nature. "Oh, I'll get it soon! Someday soon!" Now the stupid thing is out of print and going for 200 bucks. WEAK!

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
From what I've gathered Shout lost the rights to have the titles together in a box set. I'm expecting individual releases for the titles in 2016.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, reading further (and between the lines), that looks like the case. And I have them on DVD, so its not like I dont have them in some format - it's just annoying.

Ah well, there are other Scream! fish in the horror sea. . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks