Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Twilight Time announces Blu-ray releases July-August 2013

Twilight Time

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#121 of 164 OFFLINE   EddieLarkin

EddieLarkin

Supporting Actor

• 815 posts
  • LocationYorkshire

Posted June 13 2013 - 05:09 AM

Personally I'd go with option 4 because I don't believe that there is any significant risk of this selling out before you'll get a chance to buy it. I'd estimate a minimum of 3 months, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's still available well into 2014.

#122 of 164 OFFLINE   lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA., USA

Posted June 19 2013 - 01:39 PM

For those who've been waiting, Screen Archives Entertainment's website is now taking blu-ray pre-orders for both "Sleepless In Seattle" & "Love Is A Many Splendored Thing"...I already have "Sleepless" on the way to me from Amazon.de via Sony Germany, but have ordered the latter title...

#123 of 164 OFFLINE   JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,728 posts

Posted June 19 2013 - 09:02 PM

This caught me off guard as their usual preorder launches tend to be on Fridays.  I'm guessing the preorder for Driver will be up next week.

Also for those that still have the DVD, be aware that the TT blu-ray of Love Is A Many-Splendored Thing will not include the William Holden documentary that was on the DVD so hold on to it if that's something you want to hold on to.  It seems TT hasn't been able to get the rights to the A&E/Biography Channel extras that were on the DVDs when licensing titles like this or The Song of Bernadette.

Edited by JoHud, June 19 2013 - 09:04 PM.

#124 of 164 OFFLINE   Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty

Screenwriter

• 2,134 posts

Posted June 19 2013 - 10:35 PM

TT said the preorder for THE DRIVER is most likely July 3. 

• lukejosephchung and JoHud like this

#125 of 164 OFFLINE   lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter

• 1,259 posts

Posted June 19 2013 - 11:27 PM

TT said the preorder for THE DRIVER is most likely July 3. 

That's on the Wednesday before the holiday weekend and just 13 days from now...

Edited by lukejosephchung, June 19 2013 - 11:27 PM.

#126 of 164 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,606 posts

Posted June 20 2013 - 05:27 AM

Press Release 07/01/2013

Twilight Time announces the exciting BLU-RAY release of the star-studded romance featuring the incomparable Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan!

SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE

Limited Edition BLU-RAY Release

Only 3,000 units available at

www.screenarchives.com

Once they are gone – they are gone!

RELEASE DATE: TUESDAY, JULY 9TH, 2013

“Sublime…the hippest, frankest and funniest date movie around…Director Nora Ephron’s a major talent with a wicked gift for tickling the funny bone, exposing hidden truths and then, just when you’re not looking, slamming you in the solar plexus.”

Peter Travers, Rolling Stone

“Mr. Hanks and Ms. Ryan are terrifically attractive, each somehow persuading the audience of the validity of all the things that keep them apart and then miraculously bring them together.”

Vincent Canby, The New York Times

“So warm and gentle I smiled the whole way through.”

Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times

Writer-director Nora Ephron’s tour de force romantic comedy stars Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan as a pair of star-crossed, meant-to-be lovers who don’t meet until the film’s last reel.  Along the way, the film—glowingly shot by the great Sven Nykvist—gifts us with tart commentary on the state of modern love, particularly as experienced by those of us whose very idea of romance has been all-too influenced by what we’ve seen in the movies.

LIKE TWILIGHT TIME ON FACEBOOK

www.facebook.com/twilighttimemovies

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#127 of 164 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,606 posts

Posted June 20 2013 - 05:27 AM

Press Release 07/01/2013

Twilight Time proudly announces the stunning BLU-RAY release of the greatest love story of all-time – where east meets west in exotic Hong Kong!

Love is a Many Splendored Thing

Limited Edition BLU-RAY Release

Only 3,000 units available at

www.screenarchives.com

Once they are gone – they are gone!

RELEASE DATE: TUESDAY, JULY 9TH, 2013

“Fine and sensitive…indeed a many-splendored thing...as simple and moving a love story as has come along in many a moon.  This is something of an emotional tear-jerker, to be sure, but an awfully well-made one.”

Variety

“Anyone who has ever been in love can relate to this film…It’s the emotions that are important, and they are conveyed with a sensitivity and conviction that remind one of the real thing and make one believe that the two principal characters truly were in love.”—DVD Verdict

One of Hollywood’s great epic romances, Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing (1955)—based on the bestselling autobiographical novel by Han Suyin—stars Jennifer Jones as a reserved Eurasian doctor working in the exotic, conflict-ridden Hong Kong of the post-World War II era.  There, she meets a dashing (if married) war correspondent, resplendently played by William Holden; the two embark on a whirlwind romance buffeted by problems of race, politics, and war.  Directed by the sturdy Henry King, the film features superb cinematography by Leon Shamroy—with extraordinary location footage shot by Charles Clarke—and an unforgettable score by the great Alfred Newman, built on one of the most popular title songs of the 1950s, written by Sammy Fain and Paul Francis Webster.

LIKE TWILIGHT TIME ON FACEBOOK

www.facebook.com/twilighttimemovies

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#128 of 164 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,149 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted June 20 2013 - 01:17 PM

This caught me off guard as their usual preorder launches tend to be on Fridays.  I'm guessing the preorder for Driver will be up next week.

Also for those that still have the DVD, be aware that the TT blu-ray of Love Is A Many-Splendored Thing will not include the William Holden documentary that was on the DVD so hold on to it if that's something you want to hold on to.  It seems TT hasn't been able to get the rights to the A&E/Biography Channel extras that were on the DVDs when licensing titles like this or The Song of Bernadette.

Not just TT, but Fox themselves. The documentary from them was the only extra left off the 50s Titanic Blu
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#129 of 164 OFFLINE   lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter

• 1,259 posts

Posted July 02 2013 - 09:12 AM

PRE-ORDER ALERT!!! I've just been on Screen Archive's website, and the home page says that Walter Hill's "The Driver" will be available for online pre-orders TOMORROW, Wednesday July 3rd at 4PM Eastern time!!! Also, 100 special promotion copies SIGNED BY DIRECTOR WALTER HILL will be available for those who pre-order $100 or more...terms of the deal are on the top of their home page!!!

Edited by lukejosephchung, July 02 2013 - 09:38 AM.

#130 of 164 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,267 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted July 02 2013 - 09:33 AM

You mean THE DRIVER will be available for pre-order, don't you?  

• lukejosephchung likes this

#131 of 164 OFFLINE   lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter

• 1,259 posts

Posted July 02 2013 - 09:37 AM

You mean THE DRIVER will be available for pre-order, don't you?  

YEP!!! Sorry for the mixup!!! :lol:

I've already corrected my post...thanks!!!

Edited by lukejosephchung, July 02 2013 - 09:38 AM.

#132 of 164 OFFLINE   Peter Apruzzese

Peter Apruzzese

Screenwriter

• 2,632 posts

Posted July 02 2013 - 11:50 AM

It's signed copies of Hard Times:

July 1st - This Wednesday, July 3rd at 4 pm EST,  Twilight Time's Blu-ray release of Walter Hill's classic THE DRIVER will be available for Pre-Order, as well as 100 copies of HARD TIMES signed by the director will be offered simultaneously as a promotion. Purchase $100-plus of Twilight Time product to receive one FREE signed copy of HARD TIMES while supplies last -- offer strictly limited to ONE signed copy per customer. The BluRay will need to be added to your cart and will be located in the Twilight Time label on the home page.

"What we're fighting for, in the end...we're fighting for each other." - Col. Joshua Chamberlain in "Gettysburg"

#133 of 164 OFFLINE   Richard--W

Richard--W

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted July 23 2013 - 09:24 AM

I hope to find THE DRIVER in my mailbox today.

#134 of 164 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 25,077 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted July 23 2013 - 12:27 PM

I hope to find THE DRIVER in my mailbox today.

I'm still waiting on my preorder to ship. :(

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#135 of 164 OFFLINE   Dave B Ferris

Dave B Ferris

Supporting Actor

• 767 posts

Posted July 23 2013 - 12:35 PM

I'm still waiting on my preorder to ship. :(

Right, my normal experience is that I would receive the shipping notice today, and then the actual package would arrive on Friday or Saturday.

By the way, when you noted that your copy of LiaMST was delayed because you ordered it and The Driver on the same order ... I learned your lesson and placed two separate orders! Seems to have worked, as I received LiaMST last week.

Edit - Sure enough, I just checked my email client; my shipping notice for The Driver was time-stamped at 1:01 PM.

Edited by Dave B Ferris, July 23 2013 - 12:39 PM.

#136 of 164 OFFLINE   lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter

• 1,259 posts

Posted July 24 2013 - 12:56 PM

Screen Archives Entertainment's website is now taking pre-orders for "Body Double"(limit 3 per customer), "The Disappearance" and "Sexy Beast"...just placed mine a few minutes ago online!!! :thumbsup:

#137 of 164 OFFLINE   Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill

Screenwriter

• 2,231 posts

Posted July 24 2013 - 01:10 PM

Me, too!

#138 of 164 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 25,077 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted July 24 2013 - 01:18 PM

Right, my normal experience is that I would receive the shipping notice today, and then the actual package would arrive on Friday or Saturday.

By the way, when you noted that your copy of LiaMST was delayed because you ordered it and The Driver on the same order ... I learned your lesson and placed two separate orders! Seems to have worked, as I received LiaMST last week.

Edit - Sure enough, I just checked my email client; my shipping notice for The Driver was time-stamped at 1:01 PM.

Unfortunately, my order is still pending.  In the future, I'll have to change how I order from them.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#139 of 164 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,267 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted July 24 2013 - 04:43 PM

I wonder what that holdup is!

Just got my shipping notice yesterday, and I'll be very happy indeed to see The Driver in my mailbox.

Edited by Charles Smith, July 24 2013 - 06:13 PM.

#140 of 164 OFFLINE   David Norman

David Norman

Screenwriter

• 2,067 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted July 24 2013 - 05:28 PM

Body Double

The Disappearance

Sexy Beast

The Driver

Orders placed -- nice couple weeks.  It's pretty good day when Sexy Beast is my least favorite order of the day

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Twilight Time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users