Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

2013 MLB Season

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
533 replies to this topic

#81 of 534 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,901 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted April 30 2013 - 02:56 PM

Okay, Mike. Give him back to us NOW.  

#82 of 534 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,199 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted April 30 2013 - 06:32 PM

Okay, Mike. Give him back to us NOW.  

Maybe after a fashion...

Mike,

I like the first one, since it rhymes.  But Lester and Nor'easter?  Nah. ;)

That's harsh from someone who didn't even give it the ol' college try...and, I would think, should know a little something about literary license.  :o

:rock:

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#83 of 534 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,054 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted April 30 2013 - 07:12 PM

Refreshingly surprised with my royals this year

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#84 of 534 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,199 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted May 01 2013 - 06:07 AM

Tommy Lasorda just doesn't know what to make of...Psy...

:laugh: Priceless.

http://losangeles.do...8878826&c_id=la

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#85 of 534 OFFLINE   Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Ockeghem

• 9,420 posts

Posted May 01 2013 - 07:35 AM

That's harsh from someone who didn't even give it the ol' college try...and, I would think, should know a little something about literary license.  :o

:rock:

Mike,

Well, I did like the first one. :)

#86 of 534 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,199 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted May 01 2013 - 08:48 AM

Everybody's a critic...

:laugh:

#87 of 534 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,901 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted May 07 2013 - 08:47 PM

I'm pretty torn up after watching the video of J.A. Happ getting hit in the head tonight.   It wouldn't be a bad idea to keep him in your prayers. 

Edited by Greg_S_H, May 07 2013 - 08:47 PM.

• Ockeghem likes this

#88 of 534 OFFLINE   Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Ockeghem

• 9,420 posts

Posted May 08 2013 - 05:27 AM

Greg,

Agreed.

#89 of 534 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,199 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted May 08 2013 - 05:28 AM

I'm pretty torn up after watching the video of J.A. Happ getting hit in the head tonight.   It wouldn't be a bad idea to keep him in your prayers. 

For sure.  I was watching that Yankee/Red Sox game when Bryce Florie took the comebacker to the face.  Wikipedia tells me that was in 2000 (my son was only ten and the batter was Ryan Thompson).  I had to look up those facts...but I'll never forget the horror of the moment. 

#90 of 534 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,901 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted May 08 2013 - 12:28 PM

It looks like he's going to be okay.  He's already been released.  The scary thing was the blood from his ear, but it looks like that's an ear laceration.  There was a contusion, but apparently no fracturing like Brandon McCarthy suffered last year.  

#91 of 534 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,199 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted May 08 2013 - 07:06 PM

What?  A home run is hit in tonight's Oakland/Cleveland game and instant replay confirms it really isn't a HR?  :o

I'm shocked.

Of course, the shot was called a double on the field and the four umpires said, as far as they were concerned, there was not irrefutable evidence to show that it was a homerun.  Except of course that the instant replay showed it clearly.  :blink:

Instant replay should never have been allowed in major league baseball. 

Elect Mike Frezon commissioner of baseball and replay will be removed, along with the DH and interleague play. 

#92 of 534 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 25,048 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted May 08 2013 - 08:06 PM

What?  A home run is hit in tonight's Oakland/Cleveland game and instant replay confirms it really isn't a HR?  :o

I'm shocked.

Of course, the shot was called a double on the field and the four umpires said, as far as they were concerned, there was not irrefutable evidence to show that it was a homerun.  Except of course that the instant replay showed it clearly.  :blink:

Instant replay should never have been allowed in major league baseball. 

Elect Mike Frezon commissioner of baseball and replay will be removed, along with the DH and interleague play. 

Here's hoping you keep your day job.  I don't want pitchers hitting, too much money invested in the good ones for them to be have a bat in their hands.

• Aaron Silverman likes this

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#93 of 534 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,199 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted May 08 2013 - 09:04 PM

Here's hoping you keep your day job.  I don't want pitchers hitting, too much money invested in the good ones for them to be have a bat in their hands.

1.)  I'm pretty close to getting the position.  :biggrin:

2.)  Bah!  Pitchers are all good athletes and most of 'em can hit (or should be able to!).  Joe Girardi tonight even had his pitcher batting 8th against the Rockies.  I have great childhood memories of Catfish Hunter slugging double after double when he was on the Athletics. 

The thing that worries me is about how many ballplayers have gone on the DL already this season.  First the Yankees are decimated by injury, the Red Sox are starting to catch up and ballplayers just seem mighty susceptible now to injuries which cause them to take extended breaks from the game.  I don't think they're dogging it...but I wonder what it is that seems to be raising the number of players getting hurt.  Or maybe I'm just not remembering that it's always been this bad. 

#94 of 534 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,240 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted May 08 2013 - 09:12 PM

I'm about over the DH and ready to say its time for the only professional sports baseball league that doesn't use it should use it.

Just saw the replay on MLB network and that ball was clearly three feet over the yellow line.

Hernandez is one of the terrible umps in baseball.
facebook.com/whotony

#95 of 534 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 25,048 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted May 09 2013 - 02:30 AM

I'm about over the DH and ready to say its time for the only professional sports baseball league that doesn't use it should use it.

Just saw the replay on MLB network and that ball was clearly three feet over the yellow line.

Hernandez is one of the terrible umps in baseball.

It's not just the professional baseball teams as I think high school and college use the DH too.  It's time for the NL to convert over to it.

Is Angel Hernandez a crew chief?  If so then somebody in MLB needs to be fired as he's one of the worse umpires in baseball.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#96 of 534 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,199 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted May 09 2013 - 06:00 AM

Is Angel Hernandez a crew chief?  If so then somebody in MLB needs to be fired as he's one of the worse umpires in baseball.

Get behind my candidacy, Robert, and I can make this happen for you.  :biggrin:

#97 of 534 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 25,048 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted May 09 2013 - 07:32 AM

Get behind my candidacy, Robert, and I can make this happen for you.  :biggrin:

It's quite sad that the same crappy umpire are involved in almost every controversial call in MLB.  You would think, MLB would get tired of those same crappy umpires bringing down the integrity of their sport.

• Ockeghem likes this

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#98 of 534 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,199 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted May 09 2013 - 10:22 AM

You would think.

I would've thought MLB would have more say on such matters since they went through that umpire union restructuring a number of years ago (that left Richie Phillips unemployed). 

The apparent behavior of that umpire in the James Shields incident a couple weeks ago was shameful. 

#99 of 534 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,901 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted May 10 2013 - 08:46 PM

Stupid question: what would happen if a successful batter held onto his bat all the way to base?  Has it been done?

#100 of 534 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,240 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted May 12 2013 - 12:40 PM

I have never seen it happen but I believe he would be called out.
facebook.com/whotony

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users