Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Firefox Question Pertinent to the new Platform

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 of 33 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,178 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted April 01 2013 - 08:16 PM

This was still an active issue for me tonight.

I decided to clear my cache...and it worked!    :thumbs-up-smiley:

The only last bit of strangeness for me is that I still get the Huddler logo on my Firefox toolbar for the link to www.hometheaterforum.com.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#22 of 33 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,178 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted April 01 2013 - 08:30 PM

To show you what I mean...

While the three tabs containing HTF pages show the IP.Board logo, my HTF linbk on my Firefox Favorites Toolbar still has the old Huddler logo.

This is inconsequential to me...but I thought I'd let you know.

=========

EDIT:  Well, I could not upload an image in this forum.  I could do it, however, in another forum so here's a link to that image in another post.

I also still cannot figure out how to get the location of an image hosted on the HTF to use that URL to copy that image to another post on the forum

If it's not one thing...it's another.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#23 of 33 OFFLINE   Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man

• 12,120 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted April 02 2013 - 01:35 AM

While the three tabs containing HTF pages show the IP.Board logo, my HTF linbk on my Firefox Favorites Toolbar still has the old Huddler logo.

They have to change the favicon.ico file that is loaded from the server.  That was migrated over too.

I also still cannot figure out how to get the location of an image hosted on the HTF to use that URL to copy that image to another post on the forum

I am not sure but it this may be a feature of the forum software. That is you can only link to external and imported images/files

and not any on the local server itself.

Parker

"I tried to get my medical records from the company but they say they

are confidential and can only be released to other insurance companies,

pharmaceutical​ reps, suppliers of medical equipment and for some

reason the RNC."

#24 of 33 OFFLINE   BobO'Link

BobO'Link

Screenwriter

• 1,683 posts
  • LocationMid-South

Posted April 02 2013 - 12:46 PM

...HTF linbk on my Firefox Favorites Toolbar still has the old Huddler logo...

I had the same thing for a couple of days on the 3 systems I regularly use but it eventually cleared itself and the new logo now appears.  I'd imagine yours will too after a day or three...

#25 of 33 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,178 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted April 02 2013 - 04:45 PM

HTF Huddler Logo copy.gif

Here's what I'm talking about.  Maybe...like Howie says, now that I cleared my cache and I have finally got some "bad memory" cleared out, this will clear up, too. 

And, thanks (to whomever) for fixing the ability to post images in this forum...  :biggrin:

#26 of 33 OFFLINE   BobO'Link

BobO'Link

Screenwriter

• 1,683 posts
  • LocationMid-South

Posted April 02 2013 - 06:30 PM

attachicon.gifHTF Huddler Logo copy.gif

Here's what I'm talking about.  Maybe...like Howie says, now that I cleared my cache and I have finally got some "bad memory" cleared out, this will clear up, too. 

And, thanks (to whomever) for fixing the ability to post images in this forum...  :biggrin:

Wait!  That's what I'm seeing as well.  I thought it was a new logo for the site and didn't realize it's the old Huddler one!  It came in after a couple of days which is why I thought it was new so maybe they've not yet updated the favicon.ico file on the server as Parker indicated.

#27 of 33 OFFLINE   Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man

• 12,120 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted April 03 2013 - 10:37 PM

Right now I am seeing the one that is built in with the Invision software platform. The old Huddler icon is gone.

I looked for the old icon that HTF had on Huddler and couldn't find it on my PC. I still have the old .ico file

that we had on vBulletin.

"I tried to get my medical records from the company but they say they

are confidential and can only be released to other insurance companies,

pharmaceutical​ reps, suppliers of medical equipment and for some

reason the RNC."

#28 of 33 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,178 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted April 04 2013 - 05:51 AM

Right now I am seeing the one that is built in with the Invision software platform. The old Huddler icon is gone.

I looked for the old icon that HTF had on Huddler and couldn't find it on my PC. I still have the old .ico file

that we had on vBulletin.

For whatever reason, my work PC has retained the old vbulletin .ico, too!  Classy! 

I should see about sending that to my home PC and trying to use it there. 

#29 of 33 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,178 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted April 09 2013 - 08:01 AM

And as quiet as a mouse, the old Huddler logo on by Firefox Toolbar has given way to the new IP.Board favicon on my laptop.

Yay!

HTF Huddler Logo Gone.jpg

#30 of 33 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,582 posts

Posted April 09 2013 - 08:03 AM

FWIW, I've been using Firefox for over a decade now and haven't had the issues that are being discussed here. 

"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#31 of 33 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,178 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted April 09 2013 - 08:19 AM

You didn't have to clear your cache to update the HTF links away from Huddler or to prompt the IP.Board favicon to load in your bookmarks, Gary?

Firefox has been my browser of choice since it appeared on the horizon, too.  It doesn't really give me "issues."  I'm just not the brightest sometimes about how to use it to my best advantage and to get it to be as up-to-date as possible.

#32 of 33 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,582 posts

Posted April 09 2013 - 08:28 AM

You didn't have to clear your cache to update the HTF links away from Huddler or to prompt the IP.Board favicon to load in your bookmarks, Gary?

No, I didn't do a thing with it, Mike.  And I'm using Firefox on both my home and work computer, and neither have given me any problems with getting to the new HTF.  Guess I just got lucky somehow.

"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#33 of 33 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,178 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted April 09 2013 - 08:53 AM

It's like I had to rip tendrils of Huddler code from the brain stem of my PC in order for it to survive!  It was strangling the life out of my computer! 

tumblr_lwogbjfow41r7uxlro1_500.jpg

:laugh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users