-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Rebuilding from Hurricane Sandy

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 KeiththeCop

KeiththeCop

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted February 21 2013 - 05:32 AM

So I am finally getting into moving back home and replacing my HT equiptment. I had just finished my media room when hurricane Sandy hit. I lost the majority of my equiptment. Some basics on the room, it is 16x20 hardwood flooring with a decent sized sectional, area rug and some other wooden furniture. Pre Sandy my equiptment was Rotel RSP-1069 Rotel RMB-985 B&W CC6 center B&W CDM2 fronts Niles iC7FX in cieling surrounds B&W ASW600 Pioneer Elite BLuRay BDP-53 Samsung 65" 6500 3D series. Im looking for suggestions. The speakers were all fine except the sub. I have gone ahead and purchased the following after chatting w some Audiogon folks B&W ASW610 Oppo 103 Blu Ray I am now trying to figure out where I am going with the pre/pro and amp. I have been a Rotel guy for about 20years and have read some suggestions on Emotiva and Outlaw. I have priced the Rotel RSP-1572 and RMB 1565 which will run me about $3,000. The Emotiva UMC-200 and XPA-5 will run half the cost. I preordered them, but they wont ship until probably beginning of April with the backrorder on the UMC-200. So I have time to contemplate As a loyal Rotel guy and being satisfied witht the product, I have a hard time "cheating" on my old girl for the new hotness on the block. But with the new hotness being 1/2 the price and hearing some good reviews, I am here for opinions. So my new friends, fire away and dont be shy I can take criticism well. Thanks for having me on the forums

#2 of 4 KeiththeCop

KeiththeCop

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted February 21 2013 - 05:39 AM

Oh and I guess i should also say, the system will be probably 20% music. Most of my music listening these days is through Sonos. The simplicity of it and convenience of having it all at the fingertips makes it easy to use. I rarely would be throwing in a CD and I never got into anyting more than just that.

#3 of 4 mpompey

mpompey

Stunt Coordinator

• 70 posts

Posted February 21 2013 - 08:32 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss in the Hurricane. I had some damage but no where near what you had to go through. I have Emotiva and they are redefining the conversation about amps. You will not be sorry you cheated on your Rotels.

#4 of 4 KeiththeCop

KeiththeCop

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted February 21 2013 - 08:46 AM

Yeah it was a true bummer. We just finished the new room one week before the storm and lost about $40k in eletronics and furniture just in that room. None of it was covered. I guess it cant hurt to try the Emotiva stuff. Do you use their interconnects to? I have to replace all my interconnects and HDMI's as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users