What's new

Rebuilding from Hurricane Sandy (1 Viewer)

KeiththeCop

Auditioning
Real Name
Keith
So I am finally getting into moving back home and replacing my HT equiptment. I had just finished my media room when hurricane Sandy hit. I lost the majority of my equiptment. Some basics on the room, it is 16x20 hardwood flooring with a decent sized sectional, area rug and some other wooden furniture. Pre Sandy my equiptment was Rotel RSP-1069 Rotel RMB-985 B&W CC6 center B&W CDM2 fronts Niles iC7FX in cieling surrounds B&W ASW600 Pioneer Elite BLuRay BDP-53 Samsung 65" 6500 3D series. Im looking for suggestions. The speakers were all fine except the sub. I have gone ahead and purchased the following after chatting w some Audiogon folks B&W ASW610 Oppo 103 Blu Ray I am now trying to figure out where I am going with the pre/pro and amp. I have been a Rotel guy for about 20years and have read some suggestions on Emotiva and Outlaw. I have priced the Rotel RSP-1572 and RMB 1565 which will run me about $3,000. The Emotiva UMC-200 and XPA-5 will run half the cost. I preordered them, but they wont ship until probably beginning of April with the backrorder on the UMC-200. So I have time to contemplate As a loyal Rotel guy and being satisfied witht the product, I have a hard time "cheating" on my old girl for the new hotness on the block. But with the new hotness being 1/2 the price and hearing some good reviews, I am here for opinions. So my new friends, fire away and dont be shy I can take criticism well. Thanks for having me on the forums

KeiththeCop

Auditioning
Real Name
Keith
Oh and I guess i should also say, the system will be probably 20% music. Most of my music listening these days is through Sonos. The simplicity of it and convenience of having it all at the fingertips makes it easy to use. I rarely would be throwing in a CD and I never got into anyting more than just that.

mpompey

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Michael Pompey
Sorry to hear about your loss in the Hurricane. I had some damage but no where near what you had to go through. I have Emotiva and they are redefining the conversation about amps. You will not be sorry you cheated on your Rotels.

KeiththeCop

Auditioning
Real Name
Keith
Yeah it was a true bummer. We just finished the new room one week before the storm and lost about $40k in eletronics and furniture just in that room. None of it was covered. I guess it cant hurt to try the Emotiva stuff. Do you use their interconnects to? I have to replace all my interconnects and HDMI's as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks